Q. What are the chances of getting dengue fever for the second time?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 18, 2021 and last reviewed on: Nov 20, 2021

I had dengue fever one month ago. What are the chances of getting dengue again? If I do get dengue again, is it fatal?

Thanks.

#

Thank you for writing, and I can understand your concern.

Dengue is not fatal, and you can get it again. There is proper treatment available for dengue, and you will not get it again if you take reasonable precautions like staying away from mosquitoes. If you live in a mosquito-prone area, kindly use full sleeve clothes, mosquito nets, and repellants. Apply Odomos (Aloe vera, Citronella) ointment on arms and legs once before sleeping.

If you get a fever, immediately go and check for dengue. If it is detected, then medicine can be started earlier to avoid the severity of the disease. Kindly take proper precautions to prevent reoccurring of dengue.

Take care.

|