Q. What can be done to manage frequent infection of dental implant?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

I had my tooth removed and a dental implant done five months ago. About three months ago it got infected. I went to my dentist, who cleaned out the infection and prescribed antibiotics. The infection did not go away, so I was prescribed antibiotics two more times. Once again, the infection is back. So over the past two months, I have gotten an infection four times and each time had been prescribed antibiotics, which seem to only temporarily fix the situation. I am at a bit of a loss for what to do because my dentist cannot seem to get rid of this infection.

#

That is hard that you got infected several times. If still infection persists, now your dentist must remove the implant and let the area heal. Maybe this foreign body is not accepted well by the immunity of your body so infection had occurred. Antibiotic coverage is enough once in a month, you are already given multiple times this means ultimately we have to remove the cause to get it right. Ask your dentist to do this removal work without much cost because five months is less period and comes under warranty period of time for an implant. Give me followup of your case in a week. Stay happy and blessed. Take care.

| 

How to Avoid Dental Neglects?

Article Overview: In recent years, most people are aware of or at least have heard of root canal treatment, crowns, bridges, dentures, and dental implants. What they do not realize is that these are treatments for a dental disaster. People go in search of a dentist only if there is a shooting pain. They forget the that there are certain preventive measures to save the tooth. This article reveals the tips and tricks for a better oral hygiene and also discusses the most common dental neglects. Read Article

From childhood, we are taught how to take care of our oral cavity, and it is engraved in our minds. Tooth brushing remains the major pillar in maintaining good oral hygiene. But, is that the only way to prevent dental disasters? Do you think we are neglecting something? The answer is yes. Statistics...  Read Article

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»