Q. What can be done to manage frequent infection of dental implant?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

I had my tooth removed and a dental implant done five months ago. About three months ago it got infected. I went to my dentist, who cleaned out the infection and prescribed antibiotics. The infection did not go away, so I was prescribed antibiotics two more times. Once again, the infection is back. So over the past two months, I have gotten an infection four times and each time had been prescribed antibiotics, which seem to only temporarily fix the situation. I am at a bit of a loss for what to do because my dentist cannot seem to get rid of this infection.

#

That is hard that you got infected several times. If still infection persists, now your dentist must remove the implant and let the area heal. Maybe this foreign body is not accepted well by the immunity of your body so infection had occurred. Antibiotic coverage is enough once in a month, you are already given multiple times this means ultimately we have to remove the cause to get it right. Ask your dentist to do this removal work without much cost because five months is less period and comes under warranty period of time for an implant. Give me followup of your case in a week. Stay happy and blessed. Take care.

|