Dental Implant

My mother needs an implant for missing nine teeth. What is the procedure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am here for my mom's dental implants. We want information about dental implant. She is 47-years-old, and her nine teeth are missing. She requires implantation for nine teeth. So please guide us on how we can do her treatment. What is the procedure needed and required cost?  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For your mother, we need to know some health information like her history of blood pressure, recent surgery, diabetes, or any history of blood disorders. For implants, they are actually of two types. 1. Basic implants. 2. Advanced implants. Both are imported impla...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain in implant after bone graft surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had a dental implant to replace one of my lower front teeth. At the time of the surgery, I was informed that I had bone loss, so they did a bone graft on the spot and placed the implant. The abutment was left out so that I could put a temporary tooth on the top of it (inste...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The temporary should never have been placed along with the placement of the implant. The implant space should have been closed using sutures and waited for four to six months before giving any load over it. The implant mostly failed due to the load on it and poss...  Read Full »

I have gaps between teeth after braces. Please help.

Query: Hello, About 5 years ago I had wire braces for my teeth. And to have the braces on, I had 4 teeth extracted because my teeth were overcrowded. As far as I know, a lot of orthodontists take out premolars to create space. But for some reason my orthodontist took out 2 premolars, 1 molar on my bottom l...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes orthodontists do extract molars if there is very severe crowding of the teeth. In your case, as you said there was severe crowding. Now you have space present where the molars where previously present and hence you are unable to chew properly. Is your second mol...  Read Full »

Is sinus lift necessary for placing implants?

Query: Hi doctor, I have consulted four dentists with my x-rays. After years of failed root canals, cavities, gum disease and eventually failed four tooth bridge, I am now seeking implants that will hold a hybrid bridge to replace my upper arch. I need six implants with a full contour Zirconium prosthesis...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After seeing the x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you have a low sinus floor level on the left side of the picture of the x-ray. I cannot say whether it is the left or right side of yours through this picture. It might be helpful i...  Read Full »

What can cause implant failure?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had two failed implants. I had the first implant two years ago and it was fine for about six months and then become slightly loose. Then, they removed it and blamed the dentist who put on the crown by saying that they put too much cement. I got the second implant a few months later...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is bone loss and it can be due to the failed implant (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If one failed, there was always very high chance of the failure of the other implant too. I believe they did not give the implant a proper time to heal and are...  Read Full »

Why do I have gum pain after having implants?

Query: Hi doctor,Eight days ago, I had four dental implants placed in the lower jaw. Is it normal to have pain on the sides of the gums where I got implants?  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding dental health. The presence of pain for 10 to 15 days after implant is a normal one. It might also be due to some infections like plaque or food lodgement or due to some pathological changes in bone. So, you should consult your nea...  Read Full »

Will implant supported bridge cause bad odor in mouth on long run?

Query: Hello doctor, Are implant supported bridges good? Will they cause bad breath in the long term? I have dental bridges in my four front teeth for about eight years, but now it is causing bad odor.  Read Full »

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

Dentist, Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Oral Implantologist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Implant supported bridge is an extremely good option for replacement of missing teeth. Implant is the best treatment option in dentistry and it is a lifelong treatment option. It stays for ur whole life without causing any problem. Once osseointegration has taken place ...  Read Full »

Why does the dental bridge become loose and sensitive after a while?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a tooth extraction in the past to replace that I had opted for a bridge. As a result, the tooth beside my missing tooth was drilled to some extent. After having that just in a span of one month a part of the bridge is chipped out. I could not chew hard food from that canine and al...  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Yes, it is possible to replace your faulty bridge with an inbuilt type of replacement (Implants). The nearby tooth which was reduced for support needs root canal treatment. During bridge replacement, the n...  Read Full »

I do not have left upper canine. How to fill the gap?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an impacted tooth in the roof of my mouth and I do not have a top left canine. What are my options to fill the gap? A bridge or an implant? Or anything else? Not braces please and the fewer appointments are better.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I need to know your age. The treatment plan varies according to the age factor. Secondly, the impacted tooth no matter where it is, it should be 100% removed. This is done to reduce the possibility of complications in the future. It cannot even form a cys...  Read Full »

What are the chances of implant damage during rugby play?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a professional rugby player who has recently broken and had my three front teeth removed. I have had two implants fitted and currently have to wear a denture until I get the crown and bridge fitted. I have been advised by one dentist to avoid playing rugby again as an impact coul...  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. The normal healing time of bone is six to eight weeks. However, complete healing may take anywhere between three to six months. In the case of implants, it will take a minimum of three months for it to closely adapt to the surrounding bone ...  Read Full »