Q. Why do I have some difficulty in removing the denture?

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 01, 2020

I am new to dentures. I am wearing it for approximately two months. When I take my dentures off, the Fixodent makes it difficult to remove and it tears my gums. I wanted to know if there is anything I can use to aid in the removal so that it is not so difficult, time consuming or painful to my gums.

#

I can understand your concern regarding your dental health.

• First of all, I would like to tell you that you will face little bit difficulty during wearing and replacing the denture as you are new to it.
  • It will take time to your gum tissue to firm up and accommodate hard plastic of dentures.
  • As you get problem by Fixodent, stop using it. I suggest Fixon powder (Carboxy methylcellulose) as an alternate of Fixodent denture adhesive cream. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him about my suggestion.
  • If you will not find any improvement after using Fixon, then consult your dentist for clinical examination of your oral cavity.
  • Keep cleaning your dentures and maintain hygiene every day.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|