Q. How can I manage the pressure I feel from the eyebrows that extends till my head?

Dr. Jeyan A
Published on Apr 03, 2019

I have been having a really strange problem for the past five months. I have been to the doctors and got some blood tests done with some CT scans as well and they told me that they cannot find anything wrong with me. So I am beginning to think that this may be a mental issue and I feel as though it is gradually getting worse.

I have a painless tight pressure that starts from the top of my eyebrows and ends at the back of my head, then I start feeling as though I am not an actual person for a moment, I feel as though I am not real. I catch myself just staring at stuff and what worsens my issue is when I look at something, I feel as though I am not really looking at that specific thing. Like right now I am looking at my screen and typing but my brain just makes it feel as though I am not really doing any of that.

I have also been very forgetful. It has gotten worse to a point where I cannot remember the things that I did past a minute. I do not even notice or realize half the things that I do anymore, nor can I remember half the things that I do and it just makes me really sad. This all started a day after I finished drinking a Four Loko, a bud light, and a coca-cola all in one night and I stayed up until 5 AM or so.

Please help me, I feel as if I am going crazy and I am scared to die even though I feel it is already too late.

Dr. Jeyan A

Psychiatry
#

Your symptoms are suggestive of depersonalization or derealisation disorder (a state in which thoughts and feelings of a person seem to be unreal or not to belong to oneself). It could be part of a broader spectrum of anxiety disorder. You could benefit from both psychotherapies as well as pharmacotherapy.

It is important to calm your mind. You can try guided meditation and other relaxation exercises. If it still bothers you, you will have to take medications. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Anxiety disorder, depersonalisation or derealisation disorder.

Guided meditation, relaxation exercises.

I am suffering from anxiety. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from anxiety. Please help.  Read Full »

Diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. Could you please answer a few questions?

Query: Hello doctor, I am doing research regarding diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. Please answer a few questions of mine. What routine medical examinations apart from MMSE and history would you conduct? By this I mean standard routine blood investigations plus other investigations. What clini...  Read Full »

Introduction to Mental Health Primary Care

Article Overview: In a country like ours where access to basic primary health care resources is still very poor, in such a scenario expert mental health services are very difficult to provide. Promotion of awareness then becomes increasingly necessary in such situations. Read Article

Dr. Ravi M Soni

The reason behind giving first aid is to give initial treatment before the patient is able to receive adequate medical attention at higher centers. The same is true in case of mental health first aid. The mental health first aid is given to a person having some mental illness or mental health crisi...  Read Article