Q. Kindly explain whether my feeling of foggy brain is panic attack or aura.

I found out that I had an anxiety disorder about six months ago. I have always been worried about my health even when I was a kid, and I think that is the reason why I developed this disorder. The thing is that I am really concerned about my health and I always worry about the worst possibilities. A few years ago after my flight journey, I had this weird episode. I was hit by deja vu, my abdomen felt strange, and I felt scared and uneasy. It lasted for only about a few seconds, and during that time I did not felt like speaking or paying attention to anyone. After that feeling was over, I felt sleepy, and my brain was all foggy. I have these episodes from gaps, and they do not occur at any time intervals. But, they do come. Through my long search, I found these are called as auras. They either occur before a seizure or a migraine. I do not have any of those after that. I wanted to know if this is a panic attack or an aura. Please clarify.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• As the name suggests, the person experiences detachment from self and feels that there is something different and finds it difficult to describe.
  • Although you have not mentioned anything about treatment or possible treatment, I must assure you that with the advancement of science the problem is treatable to a great extent.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|