iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychiatrydepressionI have been experiencing anxiety which is gradually turning into depression. How can I overcome it?

How to calm a mentally depressed and anxious person?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At March 17, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 24, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I have been suffering from anxiety issues because of a deep personal loss in my life. Gradually, I am going into depression. I have a sudden existential crisis. How can I improve myself?

Please help.

Answered by Dr. Aneel Kumar


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I went through your query and understood your concern.

I am sorry for your loss. There are two types of stressors in life, controllable and uncontrollable. One cannot do anything about uncontrollable stress factors like someone's death, but one can work on controllable stressors like moving forward and accepting reality. I suggest you make efforts to make your life happier and healthier. However, I had a few questions.

1. How is your appetite and sleep pattern?

2. Have you undergone any past treatment?

3. How many siblings do you have, and what is your birth order?

4. Do you live with your father or not?

5. Are you facing any financial issues?

6. Do you have any other medical conditions?

7. Do you have any addiction history?

Kindly answer the above questions.

Also, I suggest you follow the instructions mentioned below.

1. Take a tablet of Escitalopram (antidepressant) 10 milligrams daily at night.

2. Take a tablet of Alprazolam (benzodiazepine) 0.5 milligrams at night if you face sleep issues.

3. Take a psychotherapy session (grief counseling and cognitive behavioral therapy).

4. Do a brisk walk regularly for at least 30 to 45 minutes.

5. Take proper sleep.

Kindly consult a specialist doctor, talk with them, and take medicines with their consent.

I hope this has helped you.

Thanks and regards.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Aneel Kumar
Dr. Aneel Kumar


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy