Depression is a mental illness which results in feeling sad, loss of interest in daily activities, irritability, mood swings, and sleepiness. It is a state of mind which develops over a period of time due to various reasons. A depressed person might have difficulty sleeping, loss of appetite, weight loss, fatigue, and might get suicidal thoughts.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Can I take Trazodone and Viagra together for erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from psychogenic erectile dysfunction, and I take Fluoxetine for depression from the past 11 years. Recently, I took Trazodone for this problem, but I had to wean myself off Fluoxetine completely. I took Trazodone for two weeks, and I started getting full erections, but my dep...  Read Full »

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your history. Based on your history, your erectile dysfunction is due to side effects of Fluoxetine. Erection problem can be psychological or organic (problem with blood supply of the penis) or drug-induced. Cialis (Tadalafil) will help if y...  Read Full »

Please suggest the best treatment for baldness.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old single male. I have severe hair fall and I feel that I am going bald. You can see in the attached pictures. Around two years back, hair fall started and the volume reduced to half of my original hair. Now, I feel almost all hair has gone. I am taking antidepressant m...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Unfortunately, the medicine that you have taken for the male pattern baldness does not work much in this condition. After certain limit, oil and tablets are useless. As you are young, hair transplant is the only way to get your hair back. You are a good choice ...  Read Full »

I am a 20-year-old with inferiority and depression, the reason being my habit of lisping. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 20-year-old male. I feel inferior and depressed, and the main reason behind my stress is that I used to lisp while communicating. Due to this habit, my friends made fun of me and left me lonely. My mother died a few years back because of liver failure, and so I tried to commit s...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, I can understand your concern. Sometimes you do not have control over the situation, but how you cope with it matters. It seems like you are depressed but do not worry as it can be treated. I suggest you consult a psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and treatment. I also suggest you follow...  Read Full »

I am a 40-year-old female under severe depression due to my child's mischievous activities. How do I overcome depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old female with severe depression due to my child's mischievous activities in school. He gets regularly scolded by his teachers. I am unable to handle this naughty boy. How to make him obedient? Kindly help me to come out of depression.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read your query and understand your concern. Parenting is not an easy task and requires tremendous effort. You need to find the reason for your son's mischievous activity. Try to know more about his friends and colleagues and see if they are as mischievous as him...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest some medicines for the issues given on my general check-up report.

Query: Hi doctor, My health checkup report is enclosed. I feel little lethargic with sluggish mental activity. Please advice some medicines. I am already on Ecosprin 75 and Aztor 10.  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The probable reason for all your symptoms is obesity, leading fatty liver and some psychological issues. Do you drink or smoke? Do you have anxiety or depressive symptoms? Regarding treatment, you can continue with current medicine. Although Ecosprin is necessary, Az...  Read Full »

I got betrayed by a girl. How do overcome the emotional attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been dating a girl I met on a dating app a couple of months ago. Our feelings grew with time, and we started liking each other until I confessed my feelings to her one day. Although she said she felt the same for me, she did not say the three magical words to me. I am going ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anjali Viswanath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to First, it is tough to assess one's personality with this information. It would help if you got her evaluated by a mental health professional for a definite diagnosis. But from what you said, it is clear that even though you have a good time with her, you are suspicious...  Read Full »

I suffer from depression as I am not getting promoted in my office. How to overcome this depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a middle-aged female. I suffer from depression as I am not getting a promotion in my office. I feel depressed due to this. I hate my job and am unable to sleep or eat due to this. How to come out of this depression? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your query and understood your concern. You have depression because you are comparing yourself with others. I suggest you should stop thinking about it. You need to work on your weakness and try to find reasons for not getting promotions. So, I suggest y...  Read Full »

Are my low confidence levels, hair loss, and depression due to masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been masturbating every day for a few years. I suffer from depression, low confidence, and hair loss problems. I am not able to concentrate on any other work. Please help me. What should I do? Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. K. V. Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Masturbation is natural, and never unhealthy. But Excess masturbation can kill your sexual stamina. Excess masturbation can also cause anxiety disorder, depression and thereby erectile dysfunction, and premature ejaculation. You can be sure that there are no side effects...  Read Full »

I suffer from postpartum depression which makes it difficult for me to take care of my child. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from postpartum depression. My child frequently cries while I am away from him, which keeps me awake at night. I am unable to handle him alone. So, I feel very depressed about it. My husband helps me in my household chores. My kid is small and I am taking care of him cautiously. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for your query, I can understand your situation. Parenting is a tough job but you are lucky enough that your husband helps you to deal with your household chores. You may have postpartum depression. There is non pharmacological management for your depression, y...  Read Full »

I have bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, and PTSD which keep me awake at night, and make me want to stay in bed all day. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety panic disorder, PTSD depression 1 and 2, manic and hypomanic. I am also on Latuda 20 mg. I recently ran out of my prescription, and my doctor refuses to give me any sample packs because I went over the limit. My bipol...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your situation. You may have Major depressive disorder (as per the above details). There is non-pharmacological management for it, you should try to follow the below guidelines to deal with it. It will help you. 1. You should exercise daily for 30 to 45...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.