Q. My baby is 5 months old and has loose motion. Please help.

Dr. E. Venkata Ramana
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

My baby is 5 months old. In the past 24 hours, when she passes stools, it is semi-thin and very less quantity. She passes stools for around 6-7 times a day instead of once or twice. Please help.

#

Hi, Thank you for your query on icliniq.com.

• Is your kid on exclusive breast feeding?
  • If she takes exclusive breast feeds, there is nothing to worry and you can continue to give breast feeds frequently.
  • If the stool frequency continues or is loose, you can give an oral probiotic after mixing in expressed milk for 3 to 5 days as prescribed by your paediatrician.
  • If you are giving artificial feeds, be careful while sterilization, handling and preparation of formula.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarification, consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|