Q. I am suffering from extreme levels of thinking. How to deal this?

Answered by
Dr. Aneel Kumar
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 12, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am 18 yrs old, and I want to know what is my mental illness because here in my country, consultation in hospitals is very expensive. The things that I am concerned about are:

1. I can not control my anger. It started even when I was a kid; I always had tantrums until now.

2. I always feel sad and sometimes I feel nothing. And I am not interested in doing something like going to school.

3. I do not have close friends. I had, but I always separate myself from them because they make me angry.

4. I harm myself. It started when I was in highschool, and I stopped it when I was in my senior year because I had a new way of expressing my emotions, which are drinking, having piercings, and tattoos (even though I am not in the legal age).

5. I have a suicidal feel. I tried to commit suicide for the past few weeks, and I am still planning.

6. I always have mood swings.

7. People cannot control me when I needed something.

8. I don't like people, and I rarely empathize with others. I don't express my emotions or have empathy for others. I don't know why I am like this. Please help me.

Dr. Aneel Kumar



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I can understand your condition, but here you are not at the level to understand your condition because you have two extreme levels of thinking, which are called "All or None," "Black or White," "Good or Bad" these feelings are called, dichotomous thinking. This reflects borderline personality symptoms in which a person feels a chronic feeling of emptiness, impulsive behavior, sometimes over expectations and some times zero expectations, deliberate self-harm to control anger, or frustration and to calm down, and then guilt, depression and behavioral issues are common. The patient may go into multiple relationships, conflicts with family and family issues, or family history of psychiatric illness.

In this condition, you need psychiatric consultation, which is urgent at this time because of your suicidal thoughts and behavior. Talk to your family, tell them your feelings and go to the psychiatrist as soon as possible.

Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.