Repeated Suicidal Behavior

How to control aggressive behavior in a teen who attemped suicide as well?

Query: Hello doctor, A known 16-year-old son misbehaves with others, not staying at home, does not care about his family, passes the time with his bad company, behaving rudely to parents, and not studying properly. Parents have no control over him, and he does not care when they request him to focus on st...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can certainly understand your concern. I have worked through your attached query in detail. As per the description, the possibility of a conduct disorder or a borderline personality disorder should be considered here in your child. In view of suicidal threatening...  Read Full »

How to help my father to manage and overcome depression and suicidal thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, I am writing on behalf of my father. Two years back, my dad was terminated from the job and was depressed. Suddenly one day, he started doing some weird stuff just like as he was possessed by the devil. He tried to commit suicide and jumped from a building, but luckily he survived and...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it looks like your father had probably developed stress-induced depression and psychotic features after losing his job. I can understand that it would be tough for your father and the whole family. It is positive that he is stable now. But he ...  Read Full »

How to deal with extreme levels of thinking, depression, behavioral isssues and suicidal thought?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 yrs old, and I want to know what is my mental illness because here in my country, consultation in hospitals is very expensive. The things that I am concerned about are: 1. I can not control my anger. It started even when I was a kid; I always had tantrums until now. 2. I alw...  Read Full »

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your condition, but here you are not at the level to understand your condition because you have two extreme levels of thinking, which are called "All or None," "Black or White," "Good or Bad" these feelings are called, dichotomous thinking. This refl...  Read Full »

My brother's behavior outbursts are puzzling the entire family. Can you help?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 23 and the oldest of thirteen kids. My little brother who is 15 years old has struggled with depression and is suicidal or so he claims. He has always been normal around me and I have never seen any signs of this, but I moved out about five years ago. He once took a knife and held it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your brother seems to be suffering from personality disorder. The symptoms or behavior what you mentioned above are more likely to be cluster B personality. Your brother has more borderline personality with overlapping antisocial personality traits. Peopl...  Read Full »