Dienogest, a progestin medication, is used in treating pelvic pain caused during endometriosis. It is also used in treating heavy periods and menopausal hormonal therapy. It works by suppressing the production of hormone causing endometrium. The common side effects are acne, headache, depression, and breast discomfort.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Please suggest some solutions for severe pain during periods.

Query: Hi doctor, I experienced severe pain every time I had my periods. I am experiencing pain during the first day of my period. The pain usually takes three to four hours. But when I have tablet Mefenamic acid, the pain only lasts for one to two hours, but sometimes the medicine does not work. I had a c...  Read Full »

Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Cyclic pelvic pain or cramps during your period is most often caused by pelvic endometriosis. The probable cause might be endometriotic implants. Ultrasound is not sensitive in its diagnosis. Hence clinical evaluation and history are of utmos...  Read Full »

How to get pregnant with endometriosis and painful sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with endometriosis last year and feel like my symptoms are getting worse. I have never given birth. Will giving birth help my symptoms? How can I get pregnant if having sex is painful?  Read Full »

Dr. Ridhi Narang

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to see your ultrasound pelvis, CA-125, and serum FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone). I would like to see all the reports and to know the extent of your endometriosis. What are all your symptoms? Dyspareunia that is painful sex is associated with most of th...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.