Q. Will pregnancy help with my symptoms of endometriosis?

Dr. Ridhi Narang
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 02, 2020

I was diagnosed with endometriosis last year and feel like my symptoms are getting worse. I have never given birth. Will giving birth help my symptoms? How can I get pregnant if having sex is painful?

#

I would like to see your ultrasound pelvis, CA-125, and serum FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone). I would like to see all the reports and to know the extent of your endometriosis.

What are all your symptoms? Dyspareunia that is painful sex is associated with most of the cases of endometriosis.

Pregnancy helps with endometriosis but the difficult part is to get pregnant with endometriosis. For that, we need to know the extent of endometriosis involvement.

There are medical and surgical management of endometriosis. For superficial endometriosis, you can try medical management. That is tablet Dienogest 2 mg every day for three months. This will help you to reduce the symptoms and to control endometriosis.

For deeply involved endometriosis, surgery is the best treatment and to get pregnant immediately (if you are planning) to keep it under control. If you are not planning pregnancy immediately then we have to suppress it with the hormones until the time you plan for pregnancy.

Kindly read about tablet Dienogest, and injection Leuprolide.

Endometriosis. PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).

USG (ultrasound) pelvis. CA-125. FSH.

Endometriosis.

Tablet Dienogest 2 mg daily one tablet for three months.

| 

I have pain during sex at a particular spot inside vagina.Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Whenever my fiance has been having sex recently (the past few days) it has been painful. I can feel a certain spot on the right inside of my vagina that when he hits it while going in feels like a knife stabbing me in that spot. After he is fully in and going, it does not hurt. It is ...  Read Full »

I have endometriosis and cysts in both my ovaries. Should I try IVF?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and I am suffering from severe pain and heavy bleeding every month, during my periods. I need to take painkillers to feel fine, and sometimes, it does not work. My recent medical report shows that I have endometriosis and cysts on both of my ovaries. But, I am s...  Read Full »

How does severe endometriosis affect pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has severe endometriosis as well as several other pre-existing conditions. She was recently approved for Zoladex to treat the endometriosis. She is supposed to have her first injection in the next few days. Today we were in the emergency room. She was slightly tachycardic as wel...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»