Q. Will pregnancy help with my symptoms of endometriosis?

Dr. Ridhi Narang
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 02, 2020

I was diagnosed with endometriosis last year and feel like my symptoms are getting worse. I have never given birth. Will giving birth help my symptoms? How can I get pregnant if having sex is painful?

Dr. Ridhi Narang

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I would like to see your ultrasound pelvis, CA-125, and serum FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone). I would like to see all the reports and to know the extent of your endometriosis.

What are all your symptoms? Dyspareunia that is painful sex is associated with most of the cases of endometriosis.

Pregnancy helps with endometriosis but the difficult part is to get pregnant with endometriosis. For that, we need to know the extent of endometriosis involvement.

There are medical and surgical management of endometriosis. For superficial endometriosis, you can try medical management. That is tablet Dienogest 2 mg every day for three months. This will help you to reduce the symptoms and to control endometriosis.

For deeply involved endometriosis, surgery is the best treatment and to get pregnant immediately (if you are planning) to keep it under control. If you are not planning pregnancy immediately then we have to suppress it with the hormones until the time you plan for pregnancy.

Kindly read about tablet Dienogest, and injection Leuprolide.

Endometriosis. PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).

USG (ultrasound) pelvis. CA-125. FSH.

Endometriosis.

Tablet Dienogest 2 mg daily one tablet for three months.

|