Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Will pregnancy help with my symptoms of endometriosis?

Answered by
Dr. Ridhi Narang
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 02, 2020

Hello doctor,

I was diagnosed with endometriosis last year and feel like my symptoms are getting worse. I have never given birth. Will giving birth help my symptoms? How can I get pregnant if having sex is painful?

Dr. Ridhi Narang

Obstetrics And Gynaecology


Welcome to

I would like to see your ultrasound pelvis, CA-125, and serum FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone). I would like to see all the reports and to know the extent of your endometriosis.

What are all your symptoms? Dyspareunia that is painful sex is associated with most of the cases of endometriosis.

Pregnancy helps with endometriosis but the difficult part is to get pregnant with endometriosis. For that, we need to know the extent of endometriosis involvement.

There are medical and surgical management of endometriosis. For superficial endometriosis, you can try medical management. That is tablet Dienogest 2 mg every day for three months. This will help you to reduce the symptoms and to control endometriosis.

For deeply involved endometriosis, surgery is the best treatment and to get pregnant immediately (if you are planning) to keep it under control. If you are not planning pregnancy immediately then we have to suppress it with the hormones until the time you plan for pregnancy.

Kindly read about tablet Dienogest, and injection Leuprolide.

The Probable causes:

Endometriosis. PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).

Investigations to be done:

USG (ultrasound) pelvis. CA-125. FSH.

Differential diagnosis:


Treatment plan:

Tablet Dienogest 2 mg daily one tablet for three months.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Can you help us find a contraceptive pill that is safe and has fewer side effects?
I feel pain during sex.I tried lubricants.But nothing works.
What is the treatment when TSH is normal but T3 and T4 level are high?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I have pain during sex at a particular spot inside vagina.Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Whenever my fiance has been having sex recently (the past few days) it has been painful. I can feel a certain spot on the right inside of my vagina that when he hits it while going in feels like a knife stabbing me in that spot. After he is fully in and going, it does not hurt. It is ...  Read Full »

I have endometriosis and cysts in both my ovaries. Should I try IVF?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and I am suffering from severe pain and heavy bleeding every month, during my periods. I need to take painkillers to feel fine, and sometimes, it does not work. My recent medical report shows that I have endometriosis and cysts on both of my ovaries. But, I am s...  Read Full »

How does severe endometriosis affect pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has severe endometriosis as well as several other pre-existing conditions. She was recently approved for Zoladex to treat the endometriosis. She is supposed to have her first injection in the next few days. Today we were in the emergency room. She was slightly tachycardic as wel...  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.