Diet Chart

Please suggest diet chart for patients with high creatinine.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 55 years old and I am a diabetic patient with high BP. In a recent test the creatinine, uric acid and protein found to abnormal. I have been advised the following diet plan like protein 0.9 g per kg per day, diabetic, low potassium, low urate and low phosphorus. I am a non-vegetarian...  Read Full »

Dr. Manidipa Dey

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following diet chart is designed for you according to your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please follow it properly. Wake up time - 7 AM. Breakfast:  Milk - half cup (200 mL). Arrowroot biscuit - 1 piece. Oats - 3 to 4 tablespoons. Boiled e...  Read Full »

Is Garcinia Cambogia a good slimming product? Can you suggest low carb diet chart ?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old female. My height is 166 cm and I weigh 77 kg. Actually, I used to take less food only. But, I do not know, how I am getting obese. One of my friend said that Garcinia cambogia is a good slimming product. So, before using that, I thought of consulting a dietician. If...  Read Full »

Dr. Manidipa Dey

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to have low calorie, low carbohydrate and high protein balanced diet chart for your weight loss. According to your height, your ideal body weight should be 63-65 kg. Diet and exercise both are important for the weight loss program. Exercise regularly. Do n...  Read Full »

Please suggest a non-vegetarian diet plan for diabetes.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old female. I am on diabetic medication since two years. I have attached my reports. Two months ago, my blood sugars were 149 FBS and 154 PPBS. The doctor had prescribed Istamet 50/500 (1-0-1), Gliclapack 30 mg (1-0-0), and Benipack 4 mg (1-0-1). Last week, the sugars w...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Suryawanshi

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diet plan for you is as follows: Early morning: green tea or black tea. After 10 minutes: three to four soaked almonds and walnuts. Breakfast: one glass of skimmed milk and three idlis with sambhar (avoid coconut chutney) or khandvi or besan chela or moong d...  Read Full »

I have high cholesterol and a fatty liver. Please suggest a diet chart.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, who has high cholesterol and a fatty liver. In our home, we use groundnut oil for cooking, and I use up to six teaspoons of ghee every day. I consume alcohol twice a day. But now, I have decided to stop alcohol and follow a strict diet. Tell me a diet that I sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanchari Majumder

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and following is the diet chart for you. Early morning 7 AM - green tea with a biscuit or half plate sprouts. Breakfast 8.30 AM - a bowl of oatmeal or two pieces of brown bread and eg...  Read Full »

What diet must I follow to improve my health?

Query: Hello doctor,My height is 165 cm, and my body weight is 79 kg. I want to start doing exercise, and I want to become healthy. I want to know about what diet I must follow to improve my health. How many proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, fats do I need to consume daily, and what diet I must ...  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An average man needs 2500 calories to maintain, and 2000 to lose one pound of weight per week. At present, you are overweight BMI is 28.7. You have to reduce, but healthily. Choose whole foods instead of processed food, and avoid sugary drinks. Keep healthy food read...  Read Full »

How To Lower Cholesterol On A Paleo Diet?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am 91 kg, and my height is 5 feet and 2 inches. My cholesterol levels are high, and I am over weight. I have hypertension, and I am taking tablets for cholesterol. I need a Paleo diet chart. Please help me. I am attaching my recent reports.  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and saw a marked elevation of cholesterol levels with low vitamin D levels. So, it is very much necessary to take up a strict diet so that you get all your vitals to a near normal range. Firs...  Read Full »

How to improve my daughter's immunity through diet?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 6 years old. She is often prone to cold and fever during rainy and winter seasons. Our doctor says to improve her immunity through proper diet. We are vegetarians, but I am planning to give her eggs. Lots of people are telling lots of ideas, and I am confused. I need a pr...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanchari Majumder

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest the following diet for your daughter. The alternative foods are also mentioned below. Early Morning: 7 AM - Hot milk with turmeric one glass or warm milk with half spoon Baidyanath chyawanprash or juice of tulsi leaves and one tablespoon honey mixture or soake...  Read Full »

After working out, is it safe to have protein shake?

Query: Hi doctor, I started gym a few days ago. Can I take protein shake (whey protein) after my workout? Is it safe? I do not have any known food allergies. I have attached my anthropometry chart with BMI. I heard that protein will make the person unhealthy after stopping it. Is it true? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I must say that as per your height and weight your BMI (body mass index) is fine. Now you should start taking good quality foods enriched with protein. Once you are taking whey protein, it is like one-sided food. As you need more energy to do a workout, it...  Read Full »

How do I reduce my belly fat?

Query: Hi doctor, I started going to the gym a few days ago. Comparatively, I am taking good diet now. But, my belly fat is increasing. Currently, I am under the following diet, 7 AM:- Breakfast with two boiled eggs; 10:30 AM:- Two boiled eggs; 12:30 PM:- Lunch; 4 PM:- Two bananas and by 4:30 PM I go to th...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your breakfast is fine. You should not take too many eggs. You should not take again the same two boiled eggs at 10:30 AM and after working out. Instead of egg, you can try sprouts, green peas, stew, milk 200 ml, oat, and dalia 100 g approximately. Take vegetarian/non-v...  Read Full »

Kindly advise a diet plan with possible complications for a hypothyroidism.

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 28 and actually, I am suffering from hypothyroidism and my latest TSH is 11. I take Thyronorm 125 mcg daily empty stomach. Please suggest a proper diet plan along with the complications at this level. Once, My TSH had risen to 150, I am not gaining extra weight anymore. Please g...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posting your query. Diet for hypothyroidism is to avoid cabbage, cauliflower, and spinach. Otherwise nothing extra diet is needed. Complications do not happen at any particular level. It happens if the TSH is high for years. Complications are heart problems, ...  Read Full »