Q. Is there any way to tackle my concentration problem?

Dr. Kiran Lakhani
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I am doing my second year college. I am unable to concentrate on my studies during the exam. I am very much tensed. I am always overthinking the situations. My parents stay in abroad. I am capable of scoring good marks, but because of my fear I cannot do anything. Is there any way to come out of this problem? Please help me.

#

• Yes, you can. At the start, let me tell you, you are not the only one who is facing this.
  • Many of us go through such phase and come out of it. So, do not worry and think about things that you like to do and give some time to them every day. This will give you a feeling of happiness.
  • About the concentration, there are many ways to tackle it. I am listing down a few ways below and you can choose whichever you want to do. You can do more than one also.
  • Set timer for one hour and decide that you will finish a certain topic in that time. You should force yourself to sit for that much time and finish the task. Then, take a break of half an hour and repeat the same.
  • Fix your eyes on a point a bit far from where you are sitting in a room and keep looking at it for five minutes. Do not worry if initially you are unable to concentrate for 5 minutes at a stretch. Keep increasing the time gradually from one minute to five minutes. You can do this exercise two to three times a day.
  • Remember that distractions will always be there. You need to focus on your goal to complete your degree with good scores. Reminding yourself of the goal will help you. All the best.

For further information consult a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

|