Q. Is there any way to tackle my concentration problem?

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

I am doing my second year college. I am unable to concentrate on my studies during the exam. I am very much tensed. I am always overthinking the situations. My parents stay in abroad. I am capable of scoring good marks, but because of my fear I cannot do anything. Is there any way to come out of this problem? Please help me.

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy
#

• Yes, you can. At the start, let me tell you, you are not the only one who is facing this.
  • Many of us go through such phase and come out of it. So, do not worry and think about things that you like to do and give some time to them every day. This will give you a feeling of happiness.
  • About the concentration, there are many ways to tackle it. I am listing down a few ways below and you can choose whichever you want to do. You can do more than one also.
  • Set timer for one hour and decide that you will finish a certain topic in that time. You should force yourself to sit for that much time and finish the task. Then, take a break of half an hour and repeat the same.
  • Fix your eyes on a point a bit far from where you are sitting in a room and keep looking at it for five minutes. Do not worry if initially you are unable to concentrate for 5 minutes at a stretch. Keep increasing the time gradually from one minute to five minutes. You can do this exercise two to three times a day.
  • Remember that distractions will always be there. You need to focus on your goal to complete your degree with good scores. Reminding yourself of the goal will help you. All the best.

For further information consult a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

| 

Which of my two specialists should I listen to?

Query: Hello doctor, I have ADD and narcolepsy as well. I have not been on any medications for either. I consulted a sleep specialist and psychiatrist in two weeks separately. I have taken Phentermine 37.5 in the past for weight loss which did not work. I would take two pills and still be tired and go to s...  Read Full »

Kindly tell me the treatment of primary premature ejaculation.

Query: Hello doctor, Tell me the treatment of primary premature ejaculation. I am suffering from many years, facing from the beginning of sexual life. I did not consult with a doctor and did not take any medicine for this problem yet now. I have no other health or physical problems without this. No erecti...  Read Full »

I am not able to focus on studies because of my thoughts. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a student and I like to watch cartoons a lot and read comics. I want to study but I am not able to focus and put my mind to study. Whenever I plan on studying, my thoughts are filled with events of comics. How can I put these thoughts out of my mind?  Read Full »

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now