Disc Herniation

Does kidney infection cause back pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the ER two days ago due to excruciating pain in my back, which I thought was caused by herniated disc. I have received a steroid injection and pain medication. This morning I noticed the pain has moved upward towards my kidneys. Could this be a kidney infection? Please note ...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such immediate terrible pain might be caused by both herniated disc and urinary tract problems such as kidney stones, urinary tract infection, etc. Have you done any tests or examinations in the ER (emergency room)? I would suggest you a few simple examinations to come cl...  Read Full »

I have radiating pain from the upper chest to the shoulders. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having pain around my esophagus, upper chest area as well as the bones under the eyes. The pain is radiating from upper chest to the shoulders. I am also having some memory problem. This has been slowly getting worse over a period of a couple of years. I can feel the pain on t...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pattern of pain you are describing is most probably due to any one of the following. Nerve irritation known as cervical radiculopathy that is due to compression or irritation of a nerve root of the neck. This might be associated with numbness. Disc herniation in the l...  Read Full »

I have disc herniation pain. How can I cure it other than chiropractor treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from disc herniation pain. There is no good chiropractor near me. What other options do I have to cure my disc herniation?  Read Full »

Dr. Maan Singh Dhanjal Dc

Chiropractor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many different treatment options for your disc herniation. Physiotherapy, chiropractic care, physical therapy, and yoga are effective based treatment options. If these type of facilities are not available near you, you can also try anti-inflammatories and m...  Read Full »

Why is there weakness and back pain after delivery?

Query: Hi doctor, A few days back my wife felt weakness and back pain and today she felt too much pain in backbone while sitting and while laying down. This pain started after delivery. She cannot move fast. This time she is in pain and I am very upset about what to do. She is a child's mother so please h...  Read Full »

Dr. Firas Arnaout

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From her young age and recent childbirth, she might have suffered from a slipped disc in her back. Does she have any leg pain? Please note that if she suffers from any urine or bowel disturbance then she will need to see a specialist straight away. My recommendation ...  Read Full »

What causes sharp back pain on the right while you breathe?

Query: Hi, i am a very fit person and i have 3 slip disks in my neck c3 -c6 which unfortunately end up with my arms numb at night. I do physio every 2 weeks to help. Last week had this very sharp back pain on the right when i breathe and today it reoccurred and its very painful. Took pain killers but not h...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi ma’am Welcome to icliniq Ma’am it’s possible that you have swelling over those slip discs or may be slight dislocation . So due to that your spinal is getting compressed a bit and because that you are developing such symptoms. Ma’am in such situation you should do your x ray and mri to ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of severe leg and buttock pain due to disc protrusion?

Query: I have a disc extrusion buttock and severe leg pain. Habe had this constant for 3 months. Lower back pain, tingling sensation down my thigh all the way into my big toe, a lot of pain in buttock All right sided pain. Can't stand or sit for long. Have images from an mri and would like them read. Have...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: hi thnx for the query.i can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from lower back pain, tingling sensation down ur thigh all the way into big toe and severe pain on buttock for the last 3months.u had a history of a broad based disc protrusion at L/L5 level according ...  Read Full »

I have been suffering from intermittent low back pain. Is it sciatica?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having severe pain in the lower back, more on the right side. I am not able to bend front and my right leg is aching continuously. I am suffering from back pain for last 6 to 7 years and sometimes, it is severe. I had to take bed rest for a week, but I had never taken any medicine. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have pain restricted to your lower back with no radiation to lower limb the pain is not sciatica. In sciatica, the pain radiates from lower back to legs. You could have mechanical backache or disc prolapse without any impingement on the neurological structure...  Read Full »

Is disc herniation the cause of my symptoms?

Query: I may have a pinched nerve or herniated disc in my back right next to my left shoulder blade. It has been making it harder to breathe along side my lung condition, which is still undergoing diagnosis. The past two days while I have been driving my face, hands, and feet went numb and my eyes started ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi sir Welcome to icliniq Normally all the nerves in our body comes from brain and goes to all over body through spinal cord. As you mentioned you have herniated disc and pinched nerve. When this happens actually nerve pathways below that herniated site gets disturbed. Because you have herniated di...  Read Full »

Can you please interpret my mother's MRI findings?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from acute back pain and leg pain for the past one year. She is unable to stand or walk for a long time. She is 73 years old. Also, she has type 2 diabetes and high BP. Her MRI revealed a diffuse bulge of L4-L5 disc with ligamentum flavum hypertrophy causing ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following is a radiological report (MRI) of her intervertebral disc status. The above statement means that the disc has herniated from its normal confined limits and is pressing on the nerves leading to pain in the area of distribution of nerves, which in this case...  Read Full »

What is the possible causes for radiating upper back pain and left-sided chest pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my upper back that radiates to my arms for more than three months now. I also have left-sided chest pain and it spreads to the right side sometimes. I take pain killers occasionally. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Common causes of upper back pain are muscle strain. A traumatic injury can also lead to back pain. Herniated discs are more common in the lower back but may sometimes happen in the upper back too. Pinched nerve in most cases of back pain appears because of lifestyle...  Read Full »