Disc Herniation

Why is there lower back pain and left hip pain with spasm after chiropractic manipulation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently experiencing severe lower back and left hip pain and spasms. I have a history of a slight disk herniation at L5-S1 with no nerve impingement. I believe this flare-up began two weeks ago when I attended my first chiropractic visit. The pain became so severe, I broke d...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and suggest to do the following. Take analgesics, and muscle relaxants. Apply hot packs, and Diclofenac gel locally where you feel any tenderness. Either lie in bed or stand. Sit for short durations only, less than 20 minutes at a stretch...  Read Full »

I have disc herniation pain. How can I cure it other than chiropractor treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from disc herniation pain. There is no good chiropractor near me. What other options do I have to cure my disc herniation?  Read Full »

Dr. Maan Singh Dhanjal Dc

Chiropractor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many different treatment options for your disc herniation. Physiotherapy, chiropractic care, physical therapy, and yoga are effective based treatment options. If these type of facilities are not available near you, you can also try anti-inflammatories and m...  Read Full »

I have a great deal of pain due to L5-S1 disc hernia. How to get over it?

Query: Hello doctor,I suffer from an L5-S1 disc hernia, with pressure on the S1 root. I also have a partial tear in the right hip labrum. My surgeon is not sure which one is the cause of leg pain which starts at the low back and ends at the back of my feet. I suffer from a great deal of pain and would real...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Disc herniation causes considerable pain that needs step-wise management. I suggest: Physiotherapy consultation. Vitamin B12 ampoule IM every three days. Hot water bag massage three times per day. Deep heat cream three times a day. Piroxica...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to do deadlift if you have a herniated disc?

Query: Hello doctor, Ten months back, I suffered from herniated disc. The pain was relieved after a month of rest. A week ago, I started gym again. Today, I did an exercise called deadlift with low weights. Now, I can again feel the tingling sensation in the same area though without any pain. Should I st...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Deadlift should be stopped and never done if you have a herniated disc. You can do all exercises in the gym with weights wherein your spine goes in extension. You can do flexion exercises of the spine but without weights. Sit with your back straight and do as many exerci...  Read Full »

Can a herniated disc cause testicular pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. Ten days back, I noticed that my testicles has moved up and are receding into my groin. I also have a dull pain in the testicles. This pain is not always there, but it happens on and off. I am worried that this may be a serious condition. Could you please l...  Read Full »

Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your pain. The most important condition to exclude when a testicle becomes high-riding with associated pain would be testicular torsion (twisting and occlusion of blood supply to testicle). Torsion is however incredibly rare in older males and occ...  Read Full »

What do I feel heaviness in the head?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has been having head heaviness for a month now and I do not know what is causing this. He has had a cervical scan done and other tests were done and he was told there is nothing wrong. It been two months now since this started and is a sudden onset. Prior to this, he used ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your husband's lumbar spine CT (computed tomography)scan is indicative of a disk herniation, which is responsible for the pain in lower back and tingling sensations radiating in the right leg. It is not related to headaches. Considering these CT findings, I would r...  Read Full »

What could be causing low back pain for the past one month?

Query: Hello doctor,I am facing low back pain from the last one month. I have attached my MRI report.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) indicates a disc herniation in the lower vertebral column. This could be the cause of your back pain. Coming to this point, I recommend taking Ibuprofen 400 mg three times daily and a muscle relaxant (F...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for lower spine injury?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. My height is 176 cm and weight is 77 kg. I have pain in my right buttock for the past seven days. I tried to push the bed with leg and this caused some injury in the lower spine. Please refer to MRI report that I have attached. My MRI opinion is as follows. MRI l...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you are suffering from disc herniation at multiple levels with degenerative disease of spine with L4, L5 and S1 nerve compression due to injury and thus cause your pain. The loss of lumbar lordosis...  Read Full »

Why does my friend have numbness after hemilaminectomy surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am inquiring for a friend who underwent L4 - L5 hemilaminectomy surgery. He is recovering except for the persistent numbness, pins and needles and swelling in his left foot. It is more pronounced in the afternoon to evening. He is a teacher by profession. He has reported this to h...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It sounds like your friend is bothered by the persistent tingling and numbness in his left foot. I understand these sensations can be quite irritating, especially if your work involves standing for long periods. Did he have these tingling sensations in the same areas befo...  Read Full »

What would be the treatment for disc slip?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with L5-S1 16 mm disc slip. I have tried Hydrocortisone injection eight days ago which has done nothing. I have been passed between GP and orthopedic surgeon and now I have to try physio. I have lower back pain that radiates to both legs and also have a lot of leg...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandan Mohanty

Neurologist, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear this. It seems that the disc herniation in your back is responsible for your back and leg pain due to compression of the nerves in your lumbar spine (lower back). If the pain is not responding to treatment then you may be a candidate for surgery. Dependin...  Read Full »