Q. Is it normal for the gallbladder to be distended?

Dr. Rahul Suresh Kulkarni

I have been experiencing pain in the right upper quadrant. My blood reports and gallbladder scans are all clear, and there are no stones. The first scan showed slightly distended gallbladder. What could be the cause of the pain? And is it normal for the gallbladder to be distended?

Dr. Rahul Suresh Kulkarni

• Depending upon your description of the problem, there could be some localized inflammation of the gallbladder causing its distension.
  • It could also be normally distended after you have a heavy, fatty meal, as it is generating bile which will help in the digestion.
  • It could also be due to some blockage in the bile duct or cystic duct due to some stone or inflammation.
  • If the tests are normal, then you do not need to worry too much about it. It could be due to some superficial muscular spasm or local inflammation of the peritoneum (covering over the abdominal organs).
  • If the pain worsens, repeat investigations.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

My grandma eats very little after an episode of fever. I am worried. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother is 65 years old. She had a fever last week. She was taking Zerodol-P and Azio 500. Now, there is no fever but, her eating capacity has greatly reduced. After taking only a bite or two, she feels full and does not want to eat further.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.A reduction in appetite occurs due to both fever as well as drug-induced gastritis.Firstly, complete the five-day course of Azio (Azithromycin). If the fever has settled, stop Zerodol (Aceclofenac) and have it only in case of fever.She can have tablet Pan DSR (Pantoprazo...  Read Full

How to relieve burning sensation in the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in my anus. How to relieve it? Please suggest some treatment.  Read Full >>

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you seeking help. I would recommend the following for relief: Streamline your diet and lifestyle: Focus on a balanced diet, preferably with adequate intake of water and roughage. Take at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. Exercise in a clean and open air f...  Read Full

Are all my symptoms related to something serious?

Query: Hello doctor, My face is always turning red and getting hot. It starts gradual, but then it feels like a burst and my face turns into a deep red color. I then get very hot and start to sweat. Also, why am I always tired? I fall asleep at around 7.30 PM every night, and I do not have the capacity to ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You appear to have multiple issues, but none of them are serious. Regarding your face, tiredness, etc., does this redness increases on exposure to some dust or other exposures? Are there any associated allergic symptoms like itching, sneezing, running nose, etc.? Vario...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now