Q. My hair has become dry and is falling out after getting it straightened. How to make it better?

Dr. Subhash Kashyap
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 09, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 24, 2021

I straightened my hair three times. After that, my hair became dry and curly. I have a lot of hair fall while shampooing. Please help me.

#

Hairs are basically made of keratins. Hair follicles are present inside the scalp and so hair grows from it. When you straighten them or when you bleach them or when you do styling, some part of them gets damaged and so it cannot be repaired by itself. The only new hair that grows from the follicle seems to be normal. As you have straightened your hair, it has damaged it. You will have breaks, split ends and they seem to be lusterless. You need to wait for some days to have new growth of hairs and it replaces the existing damaged ones. To increase your hair growth, you can use Minoxidil 5% twice daily over the scalp. You can take a tablet containing Calcium pantothenate and Biotin for four weeks. It helps to increase your hair growth and thickness of your hair.

|