Q. My hairfall stopped when I started Mintop and Finasteride, but it happens again whilst on treatment. Why?

Dr. Megha Kakani

I was suffering from hair fall. My hair is very thin. Then I used Mintop 10, Finasteride 1 mg tablet for one month. After starting this prescription for 20 days hair is not falling. But for the last 10 days, so much hair is falling. Can I continue or stop Mintop and Finax?

#

I read your query and I saw your pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The hair problem you are having this problem is called androgenic alopecia. It is common in this age group. It is due to hormonal changes in the body especially testosterone and DHT (dihydrotestosterone).

The medicines you are taking is very good. The only side effects of Minoxidil are there which is an increase in hair fall initially which eventually will subside in the next 20 to 30days. So do not worry. Continue your treatment. It will take two to three months to show a decrease in hair fall and five to six months to show an increase in hair density.

Age, hormonal changes, stress.

Not required at present.

Androgenic alopecia.

Androgenic alopecia.

Morr F 10% (Minoxidil) at night, tablet Finax (Finasteride) 1 mg at night, tablet Keraglo men (Gamma linolenic acid) one in the morning and one at night. And use Anaboom shampoo.

After one month.

|