Q. What are the pros and cons in hormonal birth control withdrawal?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I want to know about going off birth control.

What are the five to ten most common physical and emotional changes women can expect when they discontinue hormonal birth control use? Will these changes differ depending on the type of birth control and how long you have been on it? How so? What are some myths people tend to believe about going off birth control? Can you debunk these? Any last words of advice for women nervous about going off birth control?

#

There could be many effects if a woman has been on any specific birth control pills like mood variations, fear of conception if not willing to conceive, anxiety, irregular periods, skin dryness, soft breast, dry hairs, less libido, angry behavior, etc.

If the body has been on one particular hormone then it gets used to it and after quitting the body reacts and those could be withdrawal symptoms or gradually the body's original physiology comes out.

Those who are habitual for contraceptive pills can have a strong fear of having conception or minor symptoms whatever they feel could report to their treating doctor.

Woman who just wants to or already get rid of pills should have better physical and recreational activities and try to avoid withdrawal symptoms by making themselves busy.

|