Dust Allergy

Why is my dust and pollen allergy not relieving even after taking medicines?

Query: Hi doctor,I have pollen and dust allergy for the past three months. I am using allergy vaccine regularly but I was told that it takes time to overcome the symptoms of allergy. I was given medicines to get relief from cough and phlegm. Still, I have a cough and after taking medicines, my phlegm is st...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the symptoms, you seem to have rhinosinusitis. It occurs due to inflammation of the nose and paranasal sinus. The symptoms are nasal obstruction, facial pain, cough, earache, nasal discharge, postnasal discharge, hyposmia, disturbed sleep, difficulty in conce...  Read Full »

Why do I have runny nose with white mucus in the throat in summers?

Query: Hi, I am 18 years old. I have asthma from my childhood but as I grew it got less and now I have it sometimes only. But from 1 year specially in summers I am always a runny nose and white, salty mucus down to my throat. It gets into my airways too from which I feel a little irritation and it goes aw...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi I get to see you are worried about your weight loss.. As per your description, runny nose and mucus particularly during summers shows that you are allergic to dust which is more common in summer than winter. Need not worry about it. And yes, your weight loss has to be evaluated.. I would sugge...  Read Full »

What could be the cause of sinusitis?

Query: Gender - Female Age - 25 Height - 5'8' Weight - 54 kgs I have a sinusitis issue and my sinuses flare up very easily generally triggered by dust, perfumes, allergies, weather changes, etc. I just wanted to know if living on a higher floor (eg. 50th floor) could trigger that and cause it to becom...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hello, U seem to have Allergic rhinitis which is typically due to hyperresponse to a certain material eg. dust. It typically presents with bouts of sneezing, more at a specific time in the day & related to some material for eg dust. apart from dust, there r many other materials that can cause a...  Read Full »

My exposure to screen is longer with itchy eyes. Please suggest a solution.

Query: Hi doctor, My current problem is my eyes are getting too itchy intermittently, like four to five times which lasts for 30-40 minutes. While mild itchiness remains in one eye for most of the time. My right eyelid also seems drooling and has mild swelling beneath the eye. I work in a software comp...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you do have allergic problems including psoriasis, it is very likely for you to be suffering from allergic eye disease. Also, from your complaints, it seems you are having problems in the oil glands in your eyelids for which you are having stye like swelling ...  Read Full »

Can Cetirizine be taken every day for an allergic cough?

Query: I have a cough and the mucus is white. Every night i suffer this kind of situation. I have a background medical records and the doctor said that i was allergic to dust and cold beverages. But i dont think that i am allergic to dust because i dont have any symptoms of it. Every night i take cetir...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: You are probably having what we call as an allergic pharyngitis, avoid spicy oily and junk food altogether for a few days. Yes dust can be one reason why your nose/throat might be creating a lot of phelgm, sometimes even dust at home(as in when u vaccum or mop the floor or look into old stuff having...  Read Full »

Is there any effective way to control phlegm passing down the throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I am having constant cold problems, not a runny nose but I always can feel phlegm passing down in the back of the throat throughout the year. When certain conditions like prolonged exposure to cold temperatures, symptoms like dry cough, heaviness all over the face espe...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any throat pain? Any long term nose block? Any decreased sense of smell? Can you please take a picture of the back of the throat with open mouth showing details of the affected area and send it to me?  Read Full »

I have allergic cough and breathing problem. What is the best choice of medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. From birth, I am suffering from dust allergy, eosinophils. When the seasons change I get suffers from cold and cough. I live in a city full of tress and dust too. Due to cough, I get little breathing problems. Before three months, whenever I get these problems wit...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your query, it seems that you are allergic to dusts and pollen grains. And as the second doctor rightly said, you are suffering from asthma and allergic rhinitis. Currently, you are on right treatment. So continue Formoterol plus, and Fluticasone inhaler in pre...  Read Full »

My partner is allergic to dust and develops small itchy red rashes in her hands. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am writing to you in connection with my partner’s allergic reaction which happens when we are together. Basically she is already allergic to dust and has atopy on her right hand since she was a child (now she is 23 and I am 27), which is sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have described your partner's problem very nicely. She is suffering from chronic urticaria. Urticaria is an allergic reaction that takes the form of itchy red bumps on the skin as shown in your pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Name any...  Read Full »

Does air purifiers or room heater help in case of asthma and dust allergy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a dust allergy. Recently I a had wheezing problem for few days that even Asthalin could not help which I used mildly a few times in a year. After a few days of Doxolin and other tabs, I got relieved. My city AQI is around 80 to 100 in a week, I traveled to two cities where AQI ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the attachments you have provided. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The possibility of asthma and allergic rhinitis is more likely. So it is better to consult pulmonologist in person and get done t...  Read Full »

What causes bumps on the pharyngeal wall?

Query: Hi doctor, I am quite worried about the bumps on the back of my throat. I am quite sensitive to dust and get sinusitis along with blocked nose and stuffed head often. Around three to four weeks back, I had small red bumps on the roof of my mouth. When I consulted with a doctor, they suggested Augmen...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have very precisely described your problem with pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I appreciate that. My diagnosis of your condition based on your symptoms is chronic or recurrent acute rhinosinusitis, which is causing chronic pharyngit...  Read Full »