Dust Allergy

My exposure to screen is longer with itchy eyes. Please suggest a solution.

Query: Hi doctor, My current problem is my eyes are getting too itchy intermittently, like four to five times which lasts for 30-40 minutes. While mild itchiness remains in one eye for most of the time. My right eyelid also seems drooling and has mild swelling beneath the eye. I work in a software comp...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you do have allergic problems including psoriasis, it is very likely for you to be suffering from allergic eye disease. Also, from your complaints, it seems you are having problems in the oil glands in your eyelids for which you are having stye like swelling ...  Read Full »

Can Cetirizine be taken every day for an allergic cough?

Query: I have a cough and the mucus is white. Every night i suffer this kind of situation. I have a background medical records and the doctor said that i was allergic to dust and cold beverages. But i dont think that i am allergic to dust because i dont have any symptoms of it. Every night i take cetir...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: You are probably having what we call as an allergic pharyngitis, avoid spicy oily and junk food altogether for a few days. Yes dust can be one reason why your nose/throat might be creating a lot of phelgm, sometimes even dust at home(as in when u vaccum or mop the floor or look into old stuff having...  Read Full »

Is there any effective way to control phlegm passing down the throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I am having constant cold problems, not a runny nose but I always can feel phlegm passing down in the back of the throat throughout the year. When certain conditions like prolonged exposure to cold temperatures, symptoms like dry cough, heaviness all over the face espe...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any throat pain? Any long term nose block? Any decreased sense of smell? Can you please take a picture of the back of the throat with open mouth showing details of the affected area and send it to me?  Read Full »

I have allergic cough and breathing problem. What is the best choice of medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. From birth, I am suffering from dust allergy, eosinophils. When the seasons change I get suffers from cold and cough. I live in a city full of tress and dust too. Due to cough, I get little breathing problems. Before three months, whenever I get these problems wit...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your query, it seems that you are allergic to dusts and pollen grains. And as the second doctor rightly said, you are suffering from asthma and allergic rhinitis. Currently, you are on right treatment. So continue Formoterol plus, and Fluticasone inhaler in pre...  Read Full »

My partner is allergic to dust and develops small itchy red rashes in her hands. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am writing to you in connection with my partner’s allergic reaction which happens when we are together. Basically she is already allergic to dust and has atopy on her right hand since she was a child (now she is 23 and I am 27), which is sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have described your partner's problem very nicely. She is suffering from chronic urticaria. Urticaria is an allergic reaction that takes the form of itchy red bumps on the skin as shown in your pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Name any...  Read Full »

Does air purifiers or room heater help in case of asthma and dust allergy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a dust allergy. Recently I a had wheezing problem for few days that even Asthalin could not help which I used mildly a few times in a year. After a few days of Doxolin and other tabs, I got relieved. My city AQI is around 80 to 100 in a week, I traveled to two cities where AQI ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the attachments you have provided. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The possibility of asthma and allergic rhinitis is more likely. So it is better to consult pulmonologist in person and get done t...  Read Full »

What causes bumps on the pharyngeal wall?

Query: Hi doctor, I am quite worried about the bumps on the back of my throat. I am quite sensitive to dust and get sinusitis along with blocked nose and stuffed head often. Around three to four weeks back, I had small red bumps on the roof of my mouth. When I consulted with a doctor, they suggested Augmen...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have very precisely described your problem with pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I appreciate that. My diagnosis of your condition based on your symptoms is chronic or recurrent acute rhinosinusitis, which is causing chronic pharyngit...  Read Full »

Can Romilast be used for recurrent cough in kids?

Query: Hi doctor, This is about my son who is 3.5 years old. He started having an allergic cough before seven months. The frequency was once in a month. The doctor said he is allergic to dust and humid weather and prescribed Romilast. He was fine. But, from the 1st of last month, he is having the allergic ...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern for your child. Most probably this is allergic cough only, which is most common in kids these days. It is really great that you at least know that dust is the culprit. Many parents cannot even trace out the allergy causing thing in their child...  Read Full »

Why am I having allergy with green mucus during coughing?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from dust allergies since childhood and use Foracot 200 and Montair 10 in case I have an episode. From 3 to 4 days, I am having an episode but it is not getting better. Also, I am coughing green mucus (seems like small dots). Does it mean that I have an infection? P...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The green expectoration raises suspicion for pseudomonas infection of the lung. You have to rule out acute bronchitis infection by chest X-ray and spirometry. If bronchoconstriction is present then nebulization of bronchodilator drug like Levosalbutamol can be prescr...  Read Full »

Why am I allergic to dust and temperature?

Query: Hello doctor, I have allergies to dust and temperature changes. I get headaches frequently around my eyes. I breathe through the mouth during the night and sometimes in the day. My nose is almost always blocked. I also have huge under eye bags, a protruding brow bone, and a bigger lower lip becaus...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let us discuss your problems one by one. Before you undergo any surgery for this issue(s), you must know for sure if you have an allergy. Allergy is a form of hypersensitivity by your body to substances which do not elicit such a response from other individuals. Als...  Read Full »