Q. I have runny nose with white mucus present in the throat usually in summers. Why?

Dr. Prathish Kumar

I am 18 years old. I have asthma from my childhood but as I grew it got less and now I have it sometimes only. But from 1 year specially in summers I am always a runny nose and white, salty mucus down to my throat. It gets into my airways too from which I feel a little irritation and it goes away with 1 puff of inhaler. My breathng is good,it doesn t get bad. And I don t experience this in winters a lot, it s only a few times. I only experince this in summers. I lost a lot my weight and I have become too skinny. Before this started my weight was 52 and now it s 43 and it s getting me into depression.I want help please.

#

Hi

I get to see you are worried about your weight loss.. As per your description, runny nose and mucus particularly during summers shows that you are allergic to dust which is more common in summer than winter. Need not worry about it. And yes, your weight loss has to be evaluated.. I would suggest some investigations with which you can review back and little more info needed, Do you experience any fever or chronic cough ?? Do you feel more thirsty, passing more amount of urine, feeling more hungry ?? Anything else apart from weight loss you want to specify ??

CBC, PERIPHERAL SMEAR, ESR
CHEST XRAY
XRAY PNS WATERS VIEW
FBS, PPBS
HIV
LFT

Allergic Rhinitis
Chronic Sinusitis
Tuberculosis to be ruled out

T. Montek LC 1tab twice daily for 2weeks
Fluticasone nasal spray 1spray in each nostrils for 2weeks
Stop your inhaler

Cover your nose while going out or working in dust
Have high protein diet for weight gain and better immunity

|