Q. I have crackling noise in my right ear after getting it cleaned. What to do?

Dr. B. Vageesh Padiyar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 15, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 26, 2021

I cleaned my ears by consulting an ENT specialist. They used water to flush out clogged wax. After coming home, I started to have a crackling sound in my right ear while moving or bending down. While staying still or lying down, I do not have any noise from my ears. I want to know the cause.

#

There is nothing to be worried. It is normal to have a crackling sound in the ears after syringing. It is produced due to a slight amount of residual water present in the ears. Anything that interferes with sound transmission and processing can cause an altered perception of sound. The residual water gets dry slowly and your problem will get resolved within two days. Do not use earbuds or tips to clean ears or dry the residual water as it can cause a fungal infection. If it does not resolve within two days, kindly consult an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) specialist for having re-examination and appropriate treatment can be taken.

|