Q. I feel palpitations and skipped beat with fatigue. Kindly help.

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 07, 2021 and last reviewed on: Feb 06, 2021

I am 36 years old. I am facing fast and loud heart rates and intermediate skip in the beats, making me feel weak and tired. I have recently consulted a doctor for hyperacidity. My ears ring continuously, and I feel a crackling sound in the head. I had a whiplash a year ago. Since then, I have severe neck discomfort and pain. I always hear a crackling sound in my ears and neck. I cannot turn to one side and sleep. Please help.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a fast heartbeat, skipping heartbeat, or heart palpitations with weakness and tiredness. You also have a history of hyperacidity, neck ache due to whiplash injury, and hearing of a crackling sound in the ears.

Heart palpitation is when you feel a fast-beating or skipping heartbeat. Most of the time, it is not a matter of worry. But sometimes, it indicates a sign of underlying illness. It may result from some common conditions like exercise, stress, anxiety, fever, intake of caffeine, smoking, alcohol consumption, medications, dehydration, etc., and disease conditions like anemia, hypoglycemia, hyperthyroidism, arrhythmia, atrial fibrillation, heart diseases like HOCM, heart failure, mitral valve prolapse, etc.

Feeling weak and tired may result from various reasons. Among them, some are also related to heart palpitations. Again hearing of crackling sounds in the ear may result from eustachian tube dysfunction, acute otitis media, buildup of earwax, middle ear diseases, temporomandibular joint disorder, and many more.

Your medications' side effects are anemia, anxiety, stress, hormonal dysfunction, low glucose level, and many more health conditions that may cause such type of clinical features from which you are suffering now.

Some investigations like CBC (complete blood count), ECG (electrocardiography), RBS (random blood sugar), Echocardiography, thyroid function tests, etc., should be done to find out the underlying causes for your present sufferings and then treat them accordingly.

|