Ear Fungus

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome in icliniq.com.I would like to tell you that fungal infection in ear is quite common and it may be treated by: Cleaning the ear: Cleaning may be done by suction or syringing or by cotton swab. Antifungal ear drops to be used three or four times a day. Anti-inflammatory medicine to reliev...  Read Full »

Why do I have ear pain and black deposits coming from the ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing ear pain since yesterday. My right ear alone is paining. When I tried cleaning with a earbud, the bud came out with a black colored deposit. What do I do?  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After considering the facts of your query, it appears like you are suffering from either of these. Wax in the ear. Otomycosis (fungal infection of the ear). Treatment is different in both the above situations. I suggest taking Paracetamol 500 mg for pain relief....  Read Full »

What is the reason for tinnitus in my ear?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, my ENT doctor suctioned a lot of fungus from my right ear and it fixed the problem. However, high pitched ear ringing continues to be a problem without any pain. It is more of a pulsating feeling and that synchronizes with my heart rate when I am in the prone position. My h...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from otomycosis also known as swimmer's ear. It is the fungal infection of the external ear. The symptoms include itching, ear discharge, ear pain, ear fullness, temporary hearing loss and tinnitus. Although most individuals will get immediate r...  Read Full »