Q. I have fungal infection in my ear. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Dr. A.k.srivastava
Published on Mar 14, 2015 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

• I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday.
  • Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris.
  • Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?
  • Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in the hospital?

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Hi, Welcome in icliniq.com.I would like to tell you that fungal infection in ear is quite common and it may be treated by:

• Cleaning the ear: Cleaning may be done by suction or syringing or by cotton swab.
  • Antifungal ear drops to be used three or four times a day.
  • Anti-inflammatory medicine to relieve pain and swelling in the ear canal.

Most of the times patients are treated as out door patients but some times if there are some associated complications or patient's general condition is low due to some other associated diseases, then hospitalization becomes essential.

Revert back to an ENT otolaryngologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Can mold cause ear infections?

Query: Hello doctor, Last year, I noticed that my 3 year old's tonsils were very large. I contacted his doctor. But, he could not find anything wrong. I later noticed him yelling or talking loudly and asking me to repeat a lot. So, I had a hearing test done and he failed. They explained that he had a flui...  Read Full >>

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your kid has a serous otitis media. The mild conductive hearing loss is due to this. In kids the most common cause is adenotonsillitis. My advice is to get a nasopharynx lateral view X-ray done for adenoids and send me the pictures. Give him an oral decongestant syrup ...  Read Full

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full >>

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a chronic fever, which is called as pyrexia of unknown origin when we are unable to ascertain a cause. As your blood tests and x-ray are normal, lung infection is ruled out. Conditions causing chronic fever are numerous. Also, certain infections like tuber...  Read Full