Q. I have fungal infection in my ear. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Dr. A K Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 14, 2015 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

• I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday.
  • Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris.
  • Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?
  • Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in the hospital?
#

Hi, Welcome in icliniq.com.I would like to tell you that fungal infection in ear is quite common and it may be treated by:

• Cleaning the ear: Cleaning may be done by suction or syringing or by cotton swab.
  • Antifungal ear drops to be used three or four times a day.
  • Anti-inflammatory medicine to relieve pain and swelling in the ear canal.

Most of the times patients are treated as out door patients but some times if there are some associated complications or patient's general condition is low due to some other associated diseases, then hospitalization becomes essential.

Revert back to an ENT otolaryngologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|