Q. While cleaning the ear, the bud came out with a black colored deposit. What do I do?

Dr. A.k.srivastava
Published on Jul 27, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 26, 2018

I am facing ear pain since yesterday. My right ear alone is paining. When I tried cleaning with a earbud, the bud came out with a black colored deposit. What do I do?

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

After considering the facts of your query, it appears like you are suffering from either of these.

1. Wax in the ear.
  2. Otomycosis (fungal infection of the ear).

Treatment is different in both the above situations.

I suggest taking Paracetamol 500 mg for pain relief.

The above conditions have to be confirmed to start with the treatment.

How to remove earwax with earbuds?

Query: Hello doctor, I frequently use earbuds due to itching in my ears since many years. People say it is not good to use earbuds. Please suggest me what should I do when I suffer from itching inside the ear. How do I remove ear wax? I also have a problem in my throat like throat dryness and irritation i...  Read Full »