Emotional Instability

I am extremely emotional and self-harm because of childhood abuse. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old girl. When I was 7, my older brother (12) used to molest me. I do not know if it was traumatic as I do not remember crying or anything. Does this count as sexual abuse? Because of the young age of my brother, I do not know if it is related. But, I am extremely emotiona...  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Although what happened to you in your early childhood is beyond doubt, I would advise you to desist from making any correlation between your current problems and the abusive incidents. Like you accurately pointed out, at that age, you were unaware of the nature of the ac...  Read Full »

How can I overcome love?

Query: Hello doctor, I am in love with a girl who alredy got married four years back. She was in my relation, so, we have some common realtives and nowadays we are meeting frequenty and I am feeling the same thing about her in my heart which was there 4 years back.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welocme to icliniq.com. First of all, we need to understand that this not something which is is unusual. We all come across with past experiences and associate with them on certain occasions. If those past experiences were pleasurable one that there is innate wish to re-experience them and sa...  Read Full »

I feel depressed and could not sleep at night. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am facing some depression issues and not able to sleep during the night. After two or three hours I can sleep. During this time, I not able to control myself and crying like anything. Sometimes it is making me so crazy and angry as well. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long have you been experiencing these symptoms like poor sleep, excessive crying, feeling angry, etc? Did they start after any stressful event? I can understand it can be difficult having these symptoms but with the right support you will get better. It looks li...  Read Full »

How to overcome excessive sexual desire due to staying away from my wife?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having severe mental problems and I cannot concentrate on anything. I am a civil engineer and working in a private firm. I am married and have one child. I am unable to take my wife with me because of financial issues. My wife got pregnant last year and since then I have stayed alone...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your mental turmoil. I can see that you are deep in trouble. You should understand the problem yourself. You are staying away from your wife and possibly a father now. You approached several sex workers, but did not get mental satisfaction. You were worri...  Read Full »

What are the symptoms of autism?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been to a councellor before at my high school about symptoms of anxiety and she told my mother that I may have symptoms of an autism disorder. I do not really know what to look for symptom-wise but I have done a little research and so far this is what I experience (almost daily...  Read Full »

Dr. Kuppili Pooja

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly please do not feel sorry about the long list, Please relax. This does not sound like autism to me. In autism, there are issues with social communication, verbal communication, repeated stereotypic behaviours which I do no’t see in your description. What it lo...  Read Full »

How to deal with constant depression with emotional instability?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I do not know what is wrong with me. I feel depressed all the time. I left home two years back because of my parent's behavior. They always use to make me feel I am worthless and not important for them, they also beat me several times and I was facing emotional trau...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have mentioned are symptoms of depression. You left home because of the behavior of your parents and then you are continuously feeling low because of ongoing things at office and at personal space. All these things are aggravating the depression in you....  Read Full »

Why does my 9-year-old still have bedwetting problem?

Query: Hi doctor, My child, who is 9 years old, has bedwetting problem. Please suggest me.  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1 out of 65 children, wet the bed regularly at 9 years of age. Occasionally, bedwetting can be triggered by emotional distress, such as being bullied or moving to a new school. Reassuring your child that everything is fine is also important. Do not tell them off or punis...  Read Full »

Why do I have milky nipple discharge when I get emotional?

Query: Hi doctor, I got married three years back and I gave birth to a baby boy two years back. However, due to complications I lost my child in just seven days. I never had breastfeeding session with him as he was in NICU. But, sent milk to him through a tin pot for five days. However, after this unfortun...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I must tell you to relax. A nipple discharge is not an uncommon phenomenon in non-pregnant woman. A bloody discharge is serious. But milk-like or colorless discharge is often caused by minor problems. Are you on any medicine like antivomiting or antidep...  Read Full »

Can insomnia cause weird emotional negative thoughts?

Query: Hi doctor, I have insomnia and for the past two years. I have been experiencing a weird emotional state. I decided to seek online advice and then go to a doctor once I confirm what I am going through. I cry almost every day for no particular reason, I have anger issues and frequent headaches. When...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have an anxiety type disorder mixed with depressive episodes. You will need to visit a psychiatrist and he will prescribe you SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) type of medicines which will help with your problem. It basically happens when some...  Read Full »

Why is an 8-year-old having negative behavior at home?

Query: Hello doctor, My 8-year-old daughter throws fits about everything, always speaks negative, says the meanest things possible, is unhappy 98 % of the time, never says anything positive, will be in a good mood then suddenly flip out, if she cannot find something she flips out. The list goes on and on....  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation in trying to deal with your daughter's behaviour. Is her behaviour the same everywhere? What do the teachers say? Does she interact well with her friends? It will help to know whether her behavioral issues are limited to home or prese...  Read Full »