Emotional Instability

Why do I act differently depending on the situation?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel I have no personality or that I do not know my real personality. I act differently depend on my environment. I am not sure about the reason, but I cannot keep away from it. I often get depressed, feel numb and empty. I am easily hurt and have extreme emotions. I never express them,...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query and understand your concerns.Behaving differently in different situations is entirely normal and definitely, we need to do it as per our social needs.Regarding feeling numb, cutting self, not able to express emotions and to feel depressed could be the pres...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to let my fiance touch me?

Query: Hello doctor, Lately, I have been aroused and sexually attracted to my fiance in my head, but when we start to fool around, I feel like I do not want him to touch me. Like he is a family member and not my fiance. We have also only fooled around maybe 10 times in the past year. We have been together...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your query shows that you are experiencing mixed kind of emotions and need some help. The reported problem is different than the one you are going through. There is more to it which needs attention. The relationship is yes, a problem at present. That may be because of w...  Read Full »

How to reduce the dosage of Xanax gradually?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking tablet Alprazolam 5mg (three tablets, a total of 1.5mg) at bedtime. I do not take any Alprazolam or any other benzodiazepines during the day. Also, I started taking Alprazolam about 6-8 months ago. Originally this was for a short period of insomnia due to a life situation w...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your detailed query which is self explanatory about the problem. It was lengthy but it contained only relevant thoughts necessary to express your deep rooted concern. First of all feeling nervous or anxious is common term and if you do not know what it mean...  Read Full »

How to help a person who is mentally unstable because of some past event?

Query: Hi doctor, What should we do when a person is mentally unstable because of something that happened in the past? How can he get over it?  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your post does not have many details, but I presume that you are seeking advice for someone who has been emotionally disturbed by some past traumatic event. Usually, people recover from emotional trauma with support and passage of time. It depends on the severity of...  Read Full »

How can I manage my relationship issues?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old, female. I left my family to work in a different place. I came from a seven years relationship that I do not have voice. All I do is yes and yes to my partner and I am not happy. When I came here, I learned that I made the wrong decision and want to return home but cann...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to inform you that you are not alone and there are plenty of options available through the online portal on the current date (Icliniq is one among them). Secondly, not having someone to talk does not ...  Read Full »

I am getting nightmares about a guy I am having crush. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I had been crushing on a guy for nine years now, and he did not know about it till for the last month when I confessed. He told me that I have to forget about him because we will never be together. So I tried to forget him by trying other hobbies that can distract me and with the help o...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dreams do not have any relations with the future. Or at least there is no evidence for that as of now. But dreams have always related to your unconscious or conscious mind. If something troubles your mind, it could manifest as dreams. That dreams may not be having th...  Read Full »

I talk to myself, imagine more and play in my world. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I talk to myself. I have done it for as long as I can remember, I called on my other worlds, and I play different people I make up their lives in their personalities, friends, and stuff. I run it like a movie, and I play one character make and the rest I react to. And will talk to me ou...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you are insightful about your experiences and seeking out more information to empower yourself. The first thing to remember is you are not crazy. You are experiencing emotional difficulties, and you will get better gradually with support. You appear t...  Read Full »

How can I be more responsible and in control without constantly feeling hurt?

Query: Hello doctor, I am extremely emotional. I cannot control my feelings and always feel like a victim. How can I be more responsible and in control without constantly feeling hurt?  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I appreciate you for your strength to be able to recognize your own nonhelpful thoughts and behavior. It takes a lot of courage. Self-victimization often is seen with people who have had a childhood in a nonnurturing or dysfunctional family. It can also be...  Read Full »

My beloved one is not even accepting me as a friend and I cannot put him off my mind. Please show me a way.

Query: Hello doctor, I love someone deeply, and I begged him to be friends, but as I had expressed my feelings so overly, so he escaped. I still wish to be friends with him I do not want to hope anything more than a friend. At first, he welcomingly agreed to be friends, but I cut my promise and talked abo...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand what you are going through right now. If you will take my opinion, then it is in your best interest your that person does not remain a friend to you. Our mind plays weired things. When you are a friend with him, then your mind will start expecting someth...  Read Full »

My online partner is not talking properly. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, There is a girl I know from online for more than three years. I liked her before, but I was too shy to tell her. Last year she opened up that she likes me too. Last summer we talked a lot, daily had calls, movies online, shared pictures. She told me that she loves me, I told her too. Unf...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Long distance relationship has its own pros and cons. Likewise, in your case, in the beginning it was working but one to one direct interaction is always needed to have strong bonding. Especially, in such scenarios where one partner need much emotional support after ex...  Read Full »