Q. Are there any medicines to treat epididymal cysts?

Answered by
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

Hello doctor,

I was operated for cryptorchidism when I was nine years. My left testicle is 3.5 by 2.5 cm. I feel this is too small.

Please suggest tablets to increase its size. I have epididymal cysts 7 cm long in both testicles. I have burning sensation and numbness and pain. Suggest tablets for this as well.

Some days ago I put Flexabenz or Chlorobenzene and Linseed oil cream for joint pain by mistake on my right testicle side, but I washed it immediately. Will it cause any damage or shrinkage of my right testicle? I am worried.

Also, I have white spots called elevated Meissner's corpuscles on the left side of the urethral opening on the glans penis. I have elevated lunar and semilunar elevated papillae on inner foreskin. I have white spots on inner foreskin also.

I have numbness, loss of sensation, itching and burning sensation on both glans and inner foreskin. Please suggest medicines for all these.

Please do not suggest topical gels or creams. I am scared of those. Please suggest only tablets.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

The normal size of an adult testis is 3 by 4 cm with an approximate volume of 12 to 19 cc. Patients with a history of cryptorchidism may have a slightly smaller size of the testis at adult stage.

However, the size of the testis does not matter as long as the semen functional tests are normal.

Moreover, there are no medicines available to increase the size of a small testis. In your case, the size is just borderline and nothing to worry.

I would advise you get a semen analysis done to see the functioning of the testis.

Also, the spots that you have mentioned are physiological and represent the oil glands on the genitalia. They do not warrant any treatment.

With regards to the use of Chlorobenzene and other oils, they can at times lead to an allergic contact dermatitis. But otherwise, do not affect the testicular size.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

Thank you doctor,

I have epididymal cysts 7 cm long in both testicles, white spots on glans penis on the left side of the urethral opening, three papillae on inner foreskin which I am showing in below images with the foreskin pulled back.

I have sports hernia in both testicles. I have itching numbness and pain in the foreskin, glans penis, and both testicles. I do not like gels and ointments. I am scared of gels and ointments.

Please suggest only tablets for all my problems. I took Pregalin-M 75, Gabapentin and Neurotrat-LM. But I request you to suggest a better tablet.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I have gone through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

I regret to tell you that epididymal cysts cannot be treated with medicines. It would need a surgery as tablets do not work.

With respect to the white spots that you have mentioned, they are just enlarged oil glands and are considered physiological.

You would need to relax and stop getting too conscious about normal variations of the body.

I suggest taking tablet Xyzal (Levocetirizine) 5 mg once daily at night for two weeks for itching. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Why did I have pain and blood while passing stool?

Query: Hello doctor,When I go to the bathroom for poop, the blood came out with my stool and it became painful for me to pass the stool. After stool, I could not sit down properly. It hurts for a long time. My second problem is that I have an epidemic cyst in my testes. Sometimes I feel pain in that.  Read Full »

Can I lead a normal life with just one testis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I have only one testis. I have sexual feelings as a normal man would do. I am masturbating about once every week. Will a single testis cause any problem in the future? Recently, I had my first sex with my partner. At that time I was tensed and also had difficu...  Read Full »

Can an undescended testis cause infertility?

Query: Hello doctor, One of my testicles is not descended completely to the sac. I am 31 years old and not married yet. I have few queries regarding this. Do I need surgery? Does it affect fertility? Does it have any adverse effect on my sex life?  Read Full »

Also Read

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Cosmetologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.