Q. Are there any medicines to treat epididymal cysts?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

I was operated for cryptorchidism when I was nine years. My left testicle is 3.5 by 2.5 cm. I feel this is too small.

Please suggest tablets to increase its size. I have epididymal cysts 7 cm long in both testicles. I have burning sensation and numbness and pain. Suggest tablets for this as well.

Some days ago I put Flexabenz or Chlorobenzene and Linseed oil cream for joint pain by mistake on my right testicle side, but I washed it immediately. Will it cause any damage or shrinkage of my right testicle? I am worried.

Also, I have white spots called elevated Meissner's corpuscles on the left side of the urethral opening on the glans penis. I have elevated lunar and semilunar elevated papillae on inner foreskin. I have white spots on inner foreskin also.

I have numbness, loss of sensation, itching and burning sensation on both glans and inner foreskin. Please suggest medicines for all these.

Please do not suggest topical gels or creams. I am scared of those. Please suggest only tablets.

#

The normal size of an adult testis is 3 by 4 cm with an approximate volume of 12 to 19 cc. Patients with a history of cryptorchidism may have a slightly smaller size of the testis at adult stage.

However, the size of the testis does not matter as long as the semen functional tests are normal.

Moreover, there are no medicines available to increase the size of a small testis. In your case, the size is just borderline and nothing to worry.

I would advise you get a semen analysis done to see the functioning of the testis.

Also, the spots that you have mentioned are physiological and represent the oil glands on the genitalia. They do not warrant any treatment.

With regards to the use of Chlorobenzene and other oils, they can at times lead to an allergic contact dermatitis. But otherwise, do not affect the testicular size.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

I have epididymal cysts 7 cm long in both testicles, white spots on glans penis on the left side of the urethral opening, three papillae on inner foreskin which I am showing in below images with the foreskin pulled back.

I have sports hernia in both testicles. I have itching numbness and pain in the foreskin, glans penis, and both testicles. I do not like gels and ointments. I am scared of gels and ointments.

Please suggest only tablets for all my problems. I took Pregalin-M 75, Gabapentin and Neurotrat-LM. But I request you to suggest a better tablet.

#

I have gone through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

I regret to tell you that epididymal cysts cannot be treated with medicines. It would need a surgery as tablets do not work.

With respect to the white spots that you have mentioned, they are just enlarged oil glands and are considered physiological.

You would need to relax and stop getting too conscious about normal variations of the body.

I suggest taking tablet Xyzal (Levocetirizine) 5 mg once daily at night for two weeks for itching. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

|