Q. How to clean testicles?

Dr. Shahil Khant
Published on Apr 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 17, 2019

When I was cleaning my testicles with hand rub spirit, I saw that the cotton piece has become black due to dinginess. This is when cleaning is done not after a long time. Why is it so? Also, the spirit causes hotness and burning. Is there any alternative thing available for cleaning?

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

• Just clean it with soap properly and dry it with a towel. This is sufficient.
  • You should not apply spirit on the scrotum as it will cause burning sensation.

For further doubts consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

What Should You Look for in a Soap or Cleanser?

Article Overview: This article discusses the harm caused by cosmetic products to our skin. This article also explains the nature of cleanser or soap that should be used by an individual normally and in various dermatological illnesses. Read Article

Cosmetologist

Many of the surrounding impurities and various cosmetic products are not water soluble. So, washing the skin with simple water would not be sufficient to remove them. The substances, which are capable of emulsifying them into soluble or finer particles are to be used for making these fat-soluble imp...  Read Article

I have a rash that is progressively getting worse. Can you help me identify it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a rash for the past two weeks. It is getting progressively worse. It does not itch or hurt, but it is spreading. It started on my stomach. Now, it is on both arms, neck, back, and upper legs. The red dots that have been there for two weeks are larger now than they were origi...  Read Full >>

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These lesions look like pityriasis rosea. But, to be sure, I need a little more information: Did one big patch appear first, followed by small patches? Do you have any compla...  Read Full

I was suggested orchidopexy for testicular torsion. Is there any alternative to this?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 25 year old male who was recently diagnosed with bell clapper deformity and intermittent testicular torsion. We are unsure if it was onset by trauma or supplement use. The current recommendation given to me by the doctors is to perform an Orchiopexy as a preventative measure for ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bell Clapper deformity is congenital (since birth) but may have been noticed only now. In this, the testis is suspended at an abnormal angle and is more prone to torsion. The muscle around the testicles is oriented in an oblique manner and so when it contracts during...  Read Full