Testis or testicle is an oval-shaped male reproductive organ present in the scrotum. The structure inside the testis help in the production and storage of sperm, and also produce the hormone called testosterone. Testosterone is responsible for sex drive, fertility, and muscle development.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why do I have seminal leak and testis pain on excitement?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing seminal leak and pain in left testis on excitement without sex. Situation worsens when excited after exercising. This seminal discharge is causing anxiety and pain. I am having this problem since last 10 years. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. It may be due to infection of epididymis or prostate. You should do ultrasound of scrotum, prostate and also bacterial culture along with drug sensitivity of prostatic massage fluid, after which a course of suitable antibiotic ma...  Read Full »

Can a herniated disc cause testicular pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. Ten days back, I noticed that my testicles has moved up and are receding into my groin. I also have a dull pain in the testicles. This pain is not always there, but it happens on and off. I am worried that this may be a serious condition. Could you please l...  Read Full »

Dr. Jeremy David O' Kennedy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your pain. The most important condition to exclude when a testicle becomes high-riding with associated pain would be testicular torsion (twisting and occlusion of blood supply to testicle). Torsion is however incredibly rare in older males and oc...  Read Full »

Kindly explain about the benefits of Kegel exercise in sexual health.

Query: Hi doctor, I have these questions. Can you please help me to clarify? 1) Does pausing and resuming urine while flowing, improves sexual performance in men? Please tell me the procedure of this. And does this cause any side effects to urinary system? 2) What is the kegel exercise? I read some...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please find following answers for your questions: 1) Pausing and resuming urine would only cause problems. This will not cause any improvement in sexual functioning. Better to avoid this completely. This could cause development of diverticula in bladder or urethra. ...  Read Full »

My left testis has become very small after an episode of pain and swelling. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. Two years back, all of a sudden, I felt a severe pain in my left scrotum, which became more and more severe. Then my left testis was hard, and I also think it became a little bigger in size. The size of the left testis has become very small gradually over the past...  Read Full »

Dr. Choudhary Devendra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you have sought advice at least now. The episode you described was left side torsion of the testis because of which your left testis is destroyed. A single testis is enough to support secondary sexual characters and fertility to father a child, but y...  Read Full »

Why do I have testicular pain after lifting a heavy object?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28 year old male. I have a dull pain in my right testicle leading to my abdomen. I believe it started when I lifted something heavy. At the moment, it is a dull pain but, if I feel it, then it is worse. I am currently out of my home country on work and do not want to go to a loc...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratyush Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding a pain in the right testicle after lifting a heavy object. It would be helpful to know some more details. Does lifting the scrotum relieve you of the pain? Is there a history of fever? In the case of an acute onset pain, it i...  Read Full »

How difficult is it to remove a cyst from a testicle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old healthy male. I have had cyst in my testicle as long as I can remember. It just aggravates me and bothers me. But, I am too embarrassed to go in person to get it looked at. They say basically you will have to live with it. There is really nothing much to do about it. W...  Read Full »

Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your problem. Cyst inside the testis is relatively rare and is usually not removed since it can damage the testis. However, it is not at all difficult to remove. If required, it can be removed even under local anesthesia or regional anesthe...  Read Full »

I have cryptorchidism. Should my testicle be moved or removed?

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 25. Not married yet. I recently observed I am having cryptorchidism. In scan report, it is revealed that my left testis is in iliac fossa. Doctor told it should be removed from the body. My query is, should it be removed? Or it can be moved to scrotum? And, does single testis ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to know the size of the testis. Also, what is the status of opposite testis? Normal and descended completely with normal size? As you are 25 and if your undescended testis is small and atrophy then better remove it. There will be no effect if you remove one te...  Read Full »

I am on medications for recurrent right testicular infection, and I recently noticed right testicular enlargement with pain. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old male weighing 80 kg. I have a recurring infection in my right testicle that has been cleared twice with antibiotics. The first time was a course of Ofloxacin for seven days which relieved, but there was a dull and constant pain. And it came back after two weeks. I then ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for consulting with us on icliniq.com. This seems to be prostatitis. I will suggest a few medications, and during the course, frequent ejaculation is advised thrice weekly. Please do not engage in any sexual activities during the treatment. I suggest you to t...  Read Full »

My left testicle hangs horizontally rather than vertically, especially after showering. What needs to be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and noticed a week ago that my left testicle hangs horizontally rather than vertically, especially after showering. The left one also appears much higher than the right. I am worried that it may be an onset of testicular torsion. However, I do not have pain. Is this n...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query and understand your concern. It is not testicular torsion or the beginning of torsion. Torsion is extremely painful; once it happens, it needs fixation within six hours. So, no need to worry at all. Testis are freely hanging in the scrotum. It can be horiz...  Read Full »

Why is my left testicle lower than the right?

Query: Hi doctor, I observed that my left testicle is lower than the right. I examined myself but found no lump. I am not experiencing any pain either. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan Govindasamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need not worry since this condition is quite normal. Because of the late descent of left testis into the scrotum, the left testis is generally placed at a lower level compared to the right. This is totally normal and not harmful. This, by no means, will affect you...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.