Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. What to do for anechoic cyst in epididymis?

Answered by
Dr. Vivekanandan G
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

Hello doctor,

I have anechoic cyst in epididymis. I have attached my reports. Please help.

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology


Welcome to

  • They are generally harmless and do not cause any symptom until they grow to very large size.
  • As per the scrotal ultrasound (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you have got a tiny cyst at the head of epididymis, which does not warrant any treatment.

For further doubts consult a urologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I have a recurring swelling near my testicle. Can it be a hydrocele?
My right testicle and spermatic cord area are enlarged.Please help.
Even after 4 years of hernia sugery I have trouble near groin. Why?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

What is post-vasectomy pain syndrome and how is it treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a vasectomy nine weeks ago. The first few days were fine but on the 6th or the 7th day, I started to feel a sense of fullness in my left testicle and I then experienced swelling. I rang my doctor and he prescribed me Difene which brought the swelling down but I still had tender...  Read Full »

I took antibiotics for testicle pain. It has recurred after I finished the course. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 54 year old man, 5 feet and 8 inches, weighing 146 pounds. About six weeks ago, I started having intermittent pains and discomfort in my right testicle. Sometimes it was a dull ache, sometimes a sharper, stabbing pain. It seemed to radiate from a spermatocele cyst, which I have ...  Read Full »

Will different testicle sizes affect the visa medical test?

Query: Hi doctor, I was attacked by mumps around three years back and now my testicle sizes are different. So, I wanted to know about the treatment. Will I get rejected in visa medical test? I am a petroleum engineer. Please help.  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 and MIS-C (Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children)
MIS-C is a potentially fatal condition that affects children infected with COVID-19. Please read the article to know its...  Read more»
I have fever, severe headache, and cough. Please help me.
I have fever since five days. My fever comes down when I take medicine but eventually comes back. I also have severe hea...  Read more»
Brucellosis - Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Brucellosis, a zoonosis, is caused by consuming unpasteurized milk or raw meat obtained from infected animals. For sympt...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.