Q. How to differentiate symptoms of testicular cancer from varicocele?

Dr. Shahil Khant
Published on Jun 07, 2019

What are the difference in symptoms in testicular cancer and a varicocele?

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

Testicular cancer will have painless testicular lump, swelling of scrotum, swollen lymph nodes, or weight loss. Varicocele will have infertility dragging testicular pain, lump or swelling above testis in spermatic cord. Best to differentiate between two is ultrasound scrotum.

| 

Can porokeratosis recur?

Query: Hi doctor,I was diagnosed to have porokeratosis through a biopsy. I used Imiquimod cream and it was gone. After three years, the area started itching again now. Is it due to the recurrence of the same disease?  Read Full »

My first radiologist found varicocele, but the second one gave it as normal. How?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old male. I had a scrotal USG before three months. It said that I am having varicocele of grade1 with a pampiniform vein size 2-3 mm. When I consulted a doctor, he prescribed some medicine, and I had it. But, the dragging pain persists. Yesterday, again I had a USG of the s...  Read Full »

What does coarse echotexture of the liver mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an ultrasound of my abdomen yesterday and got the results today. My ALP is 155 and AST and ALT is within the normal range. I am not taking any medication at the moment, but I would like help with understanding what this means 'liver parenchyma has increased and coarse acoustic ...  Read Full »