Epiretinal Membrane

Is surgery necessary for epiretinal menbrane and eye floaters?

Query: Hello doctor, I went in for a regular eye exam and told I have an epiretinal membrane. Last year I had floaters and flashing and went to a specialist who said all is fine. I went for new glasses and they told me I had an epiretinal membrane. I have an appointment next week with the specialist,...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The epiretinal membrane will decrease you. There is a jelly-like substance in the eye and as age progresses it starts to liquify and you start seeing floaters. You should go to an ophthalmologist immediately in case if there is an increase in the number of these floa...  Read Full »

My mother is not able to see things clearly because of ERM. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 59-years-old. Her height 5'2 and weight 66. She has ERM in eyes, and so, she is not able to see correctly. She has done the OCT test twice this year. 1. Observed ERM in both eyes. 2. ILM RPE central subfield thickness is 387. 3. Cube volume is 12.1. 4. Cube average th...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She has problem in macular region in which there is decreased vision mostly central vision. Epiretinal membrane has thickened on the retina. Most cases improve on medication. Of vision is degrading. It has to be surgically corrected by doing vitrectomy intraretinal ...  Read Full »

What can be done for epiretinal membrane in the eye?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is a patient of macular degeneration since last four years. She was being given eye injections by the ophthalmologist in the left eye eight times and six times in the right eye, but the new doctor stopped giving her injections in the left eye for the past six months, now the...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you ask your doctor the reason for stopping injection? It must be because the lesion has minimal or no fluid or not showing up any sign of improvement even with injections or healing must have already occurred. In such case giving the injection is a personal choi...  Read Full »