My 5 years old daughter has a blood-shot eye and not sure if there is a lump in it. It is not sore. Please help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
From the pictures you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can tell you that the most probable cause of this redness is a benign condition called nodular episcleritis. It is a form of allergic reaction of the body to certain substances and normally subsides over a few days to weeks. It is not contagious but does recur in a few patients.
My advice to you is:
1. Do not rub or meddle with the eye, this only aggravates the condition.
2. Use over-the-counter lubricant eyedrops- Refresh tears 0.5 % four times a day until the redness goes away.
3. Avoid dusty, windy, sunny weather.
You should see an ophthalmologist in case-
1. There is a sticky sensation in your eyelids which does not let you open them after sleep in the mornings.
2. There is a drop in the ability to see, this is best seen by closing one eye and trying to see with the other.
3. The redness increases or she starts developing new symptoms or the redness does not go away even after a week.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
D) Endocrine: Acromegaly, diabetes mellitus, hyperparathyroidism,  ... Diabetes mellitus ... Read fullMy eyes are red and warm.What could this be?
Thank you doctor, What is wrong? Read fullIs joint pain a symptom of gout?
Thank you doctor, What is wrong? Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an Eye Care Ophthalmologist Now