Episcleritis

Is the bluish discoloration of my right eye because of Sertraline?

Query: Hello doctor,I noticed blue discoloration in the corner of my right eye. I am currently taking tablet Sertraline. Is there any link between the drug and discoloration?Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be due to a thining of sclera, prominent veins, or drug-induced pigmentation. It will be more apparent if you share a picture of it. Thanks.  Read Full »

Why am I having redness in both the eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I have redness in both the eyes. The doctor suggested Nepalact and Eyemist eye drops but after one month the same problem continues. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the attached reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), the doctor has written the diagnosis as episcleritis, and the drugs given are for allergy. That is why there is no improvement. Kindly discontinue the previous medicines and start t...  Read Full »

What causes redness in the sclera of an 8-month-old kid?

Query: Hi doctor, My 8-month-old son has redness on the corner of his eye on the sclera (white part of the eye). It looks cloudy in that area as well. I went to the eye clinic one week ago and was asked to apply to Chlortralim for one week. It has still not cured. Please let me know if this looks serious.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern since it has been a week since his treatment was started. From the photo you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) there appears to be an inflammation which might either be Episcleritis or phlyctenular conjunctivitis. T...  Read Full »

Can an immune response to contact lens cause pain in the eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, Today morning, when I was putting my contact lens, I felt some pain on the side of my eye. The pain went away after a minute, but the white area on one side of my eye looks red. I do not have any problem or blurry vision. What is this? Note that, when I put my contact lens in, I will alw...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of your eyes. I must congratulate you on the excellent quality of the image. Has such redness occurred before? Going by the picture, it seems there is sectoral congestion of your eyes white, als...  Read Full »

How to treat redness and discomfort in iris due to poking?

Query: Hi doctor, I have type 1 diabetes. My eyes got poked on the right side of my iris and it is little red there is no blood. However, the right side of my sclera has red veins and it is causing a blurry vision and a little discomfort in my eyes. I tried rinsing water in my eyes many times but that did...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you to send me pictures of your eyes for the correct treatment. Otherwise you can start using eyedrop Moxifloxacin and eyedrop Carboxymethyl cellulose both one drop four times a day for two weeks in the affected eye. I hope this helps.  Read Full »

Why is there a painless blood-shot eye in a child?

Query: Hi doctor, My 5 years old daughter has a blood-shot eye and not sure if there is a lump in it. It is not sore. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the pictures you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can tell you that the most probable cause of this redness is a benign condition called nodular episcleritis. It is a form of allergic reaction of the body to certain substances an...  Read Full »

How can inflammation of the eye be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, My eye was inflamed and I applied Pred Forte and the inflammation disappeared. I work on the computer a lot. In the past, there has been some redness, but cold compresses have been helpful. The redness is back again now. My eyes always go red after I wake up. I applied s...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity) It appears to be episcleritis. I suggest you take a milder medicine but this too has to be tapered and stopped. I suggest you start Tobramycin plus Fluorometholone e...  Read Full »