Redness And Warmth In Eyes

What should I do to help my redness and dry eyes due to mobile usage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have red veins in my eyes. It is not that bad when I look in a normal mirror, but I can see the red veins in my eyes when I use a flashlight. They are worse when I use the gadgets. I know it is due to eye strain, but I want to see if it is normal. I need to chat or an optional priva...  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the images you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have severe dry eyes, and all the other symptoms, redness, etc., are related to that. First of all, reduce your screen time. Just use it for academic purposes and nothing else. Do not us...  Read Full »

What should be done for eye pain and redness due to injury?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife's right eye is reddish due to hit by my 3-year-old son while playing. She has reddishness and pain since this morning. I need advice as we could not reach any doctor out here. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had a look at the photo you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a subconjunctival hemorrhage from the image, but I would appreciate it if you could send a more clear picture which I can enlarge to confirm. Is her vision n...  Read Full »

Why do I get redness in eyes and high IOP on stopping steroid drops?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from uveitis for the past 1.3 years. I have done: 1) TB and TB Gold. 2) HLA B27. 3) HLA B51. 4) Antinuclear antibodies. 5) Anti-CCP antibodies. All are negative. When I stop my steroid eye drops, my eye becomes red and my IOP increases to 45+. Doctor's p...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your blood reports and other documents (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Sorry to hear about the chronicity of your eye problem. Most of the extra blood tests have already been done like ANA, HLA B27, etc. It is possible that you...  Read Full »

How to treat redness and discomfort in iris due to poking?

Query: Hi doctor, I have type 1 diabetes. My eyes got poked on the right side of my iris and it is little red there is no blood. However, the right side of my sclera has red veins and it is causing a blurry vision and a little discomfort in my eyes. I tried rinsing water in my eyes many times but that did...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you to send me pictures of your eyes for the correct treatment. Otherwise you can start using eyedrop Moxifloxacin and eyedrop Carboxymethyl cellulose both one drop four times a day for two weeks in the affected eye. I hope this helps.  Read Full »

Why is there a painless blood-shot eye in a child?

Query: Hi doctor, My 5 years old daughter has a blood-shot eye and not sure if there is a lump in it. It is not sore. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the pictures you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can tell you that the most probable cause of this redness is a benign condition called nodular episcleritis. It is a form of allergic reaction of the body to certain substances an...  Read Full »

Why are my eyes red and warm?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are red and warm since the last four days. I wear spectacles. What could this be?  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may be suffering from conjunctivitis or some other eye infection or it might be some allergy which is common. You should wash your eyes with warm water mixed with a pinch of salt (similar to one prepared for gargling, but with lesser salt). Do this every two to ...  Read Full »

I have AS since 10 years. Please suggest better medicines.

Query: Hello doctor, I have suffered from AS since 10 years. I manage it by diet, walking, and a few simple exercises. But since three months, I am suffering from right leg pain with neck pain, right eye redness and pain (HLA-B27 positive) and getting some pain relief tablets along with B12 injections, an...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ankylosing spondylitis is a chronic problem and lifelong. However, treatment is very important because the fusion of joints may cause problems with the movements of the body. Redness of eye is called scleritis and can occur in AS. NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflamma...  Read Full »

My eyes are red, watery, and itchy. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are red, watery, and itchy. I have a feeling I have sand in my eyes. The most irritated area are the tear ducts. Please, help me. I am just using red eye relief but it does not help.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you by any chance have a feeling that when you blink, you feel a pricking or pressure sensation on the inner side of your right eye? Do you also do a lot of outdoor activities like hiking or do you go out in the sun a lot? From the photos you have sent me (attachmen...  Read Full »