Redness And Warmth In Eyes

Why is there a painless blood-shot eye in a child?

Query: Hi doctor, My 5 years old daughter has a blood-shot eye and not sure if there is a lump in it. It is not sore. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the pictures you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can tell you that the most probable cause of this redness is a benign condition called nodular episcleritis. It is a form of allergic reaction of the body to certain substances an...  Read Full »

Why are my eyes red and warm?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are red and warm since the last four days. I wear spectacles. What could this be?  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may be suffering from conjunctivitis or some other eye infection or it might be some allergy which is common. You should wash your eyes with warm water mixed with a pinch of salt (similar to one prepared for gargling, but with lesser salt). Do this every two to ...  Read Full »

I have AS since 10 years. Please suggest better medicines.

Query: Hello doctor, I have suffered from AS since 10 years. I manage it by diet, walking, and a few simple exercises. But since three months, I am suffering from right leg pain with neck pain, right eye redness and pain (HLA-B27 positive) and getting some pain relief tablets along with B12 injections, an...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ankylosing spondylitis is a chronic problem and lifelong. However, treatment is very important because the fusion of joints may cause problems with the movements of the body. Redness of eye is called scleritis and can occur in AS. NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflamma...  Read Full »

My eyes are red, watery, and itchy. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are red, watery, and itchy. I have a feeling I have sand in my eyes. The most irritated area are the tear ducts. Please, help me. I am just using red eye relief but it does not help.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you by any chance have a feeling that when you blink, you feel a pricking or pressure sensation on the inner side of your right eye? Do you also do a lot of outdoor activities like hiking or do you go out in the sun a lot? From the photos you have sent me (attachmen...  Read Full »