Q. What treatment can cure well-differentiated squamous cell carcinoma?

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

My mother is suffering from well-differentiated squamous cell carcinoma. Her age is between 55 to 60. What treatment can cure her?

#

I can understand your concern, the report of your mother is clearly showing a food pipe cancer (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This cancer has not been staged yet. So she will have to undergo some more investigations including PET/CT scan, transesophageal ultrasound, and some blood tests. Once the staging workup is completed, she will be planned for management. The various modalities of treatment in this cancer include concurrent chemotherapy and radiotherapy, surgical excision of the tumor. She may also be offered food pipe stenting to let her food pass smoothly or external tube connected to the stomach. The prognosis and complete cure will depend on the stage of cancer and overall general condition.

For more information consult a medical oncologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist

|