Q. What can we conclude from the ECG of my father?

Dr. Vivek Pillai

My father experienced chest pain and back pain two days ago. He is 74 years old and diabetic. His BP was 130/84 mmHg and he takes medicine for high BP. His pulse rate was 95. His fasting sugar reading is 126 and PP is 154 with medication. We went for an ECG and something written on the graph as sinus rhythm, left atrial abnormality, leftward axis, QRS (T) contour abnormality and consider inferior infarct. However, in the handwritten report, the doctor wrote the conclusion as normal. What can we conclude from this? Is there anything to be done?

#

• Your doctor has done the right thing. All those abnormalities mentioned by the ECG machine including the so called inferior infarct are a consequence of hypertension (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • The final call on the ECG has to be taken by the treating physician, which your doctor has done.

Echocardiogram and treadmill test (TMT) to rule out coronary artery disease.

Essential hypertension.

Strict anti-hypertensive control and we may need to add beta blockers, if there is angina.

1. Low fat and cholesterol diet.
2. Advise quit smoking if he is a smoker.

For further information consult a cardiologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|