Q. Kindly suggest medicines to control fear and anxiety.

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Fear and anxiety since last four week. First four days took Alprax 25 mg. No improvements. Then Olanzapine 5 mg for four days but cause strange behavior. MRI of the brain indicates everything normal. Then after changing the doctor, another doctor prescribed Clonazepam 0.25 mg twice daily for eight days. A lot of improvements. So, I thought everything is normal. But after one day again symptoms appear. Then he prescribed Fludac 20 mg in the morning and Clonazepam 0.25 mg daily. I am taking medicines but insomnia is occurring for the last three days.

#

I can understand and empathize you. Fear and anxiety do not come without any reason. You mentioned the duration as one month. So any situations or conditions that provoke your anxiety? Medicines will give you symptomatic relief if the cause is present there. For insomnia, you can take Clonazepam 0.5 or 1 mg SOS.

| 

I am not feeling well. Also taking Fludac 20 mg since the last six days in the morning Clonazepam 0.5 mg twice daily and Inziofresh (Zolpidem 10) in the night for two days.

#

You should increase the dose of Fludac to 40 mg. Are you suffering from insomnia after taking Zolpidem and Clonazepam? If you do not mind may I know the real cause behind your illness?

| 

I am not feeling well in myself. And there is no insomnia after taking Zolpidem. My sickness started from last month because of urinary infections. For that I visited the doctor and gave antibiotics and painkiller Alkasolsyrup days along with (Alprax 0.25 mg). Urinary problems vanished. But anxiety and fear did not and then, rest is as mentioned.

#

Keep Fludac on 40 mg and if you have anxiety problem, you can take Inderal 20 mg twice a day it will help to relieve symptoms. It is situational. Everything will be all right.

| 

Please tell me also about Clonazepam 0.5 mg which I am taking twice daily, then for how many days and how many times should I take this medicine or should I stop? Zolpidem for how many days? Inderal 20 mg twice for how many any days? In the last, Fludac (20 mg twice) for how many days or weeks?

#

Once you get more relaxation then you can reduce the dose as on your own. Stop Fludac as tapering off. Reduce it to 20 and then stop. You can stop Inderal sudden but continue it till exam it will reduce your anxiety.

For Clonazepam, first, stop the morning dose and then see the effect if everything is normal. Then try to stop at bedtime dose and in the last, Zolpidem, use it as SOS (as and when required). Improve your sleeping habit after that I think you need not to keep yourself on these medications. Do some physical activities, music, yoga, relaxation exercises like deep breathing.

|