iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyexcessive sweatingPlease suggest treatment for hyperhidrosis.

I am suffering from hyperhidrosis. What to do?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At April 30, 2016
Reviewed AtJune 29, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I believe that I have extreme hyperhidrosis. My entire body sweats profusely when I experience even the slightest change in temperature, start exercising and even when I am simply resting. My back, armpits, forehead, and buttock sweat the worst and this affects my entire body. It has prevented me from going out in public on some occasions and doing anything social. About an hour into my day, my clothes are soaked with sweat no matter what I do. I have tried Drysol and over-the-counter antiperspirants, but they did not help either. I do not know what else to do. Do you have any advice?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have read your query and can well understand your concern. For hyperhidrosis, it is important to rule out causes like anxiety and hyperthyroidism. Other causes may also be present. For this you may visit a physician to get adequately examined and tested. There are various treatments likeiontophoresis, which can be done by a dermatologist. It is galvanic current that stimulate and narrow the sweat pores. This procedure is especially effective for palms and feet. Topical Aluminium chloride lotion can be applied overnight for two or three months. Botox injections in case of neural dysfunction, etc., can be tried.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy