Q. I am suffering from hyperhidrosis. What to do?

Answered by Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Excessive Sweating or Anxiety? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I believe that I have extreme hyperhidrosis. My entire body sweats profusely when I experience even the slightest change in temperature, start exercising and even when I am simply resting. My back, armpits, forehead, and buttock sweat the worst and this affects my entire body. It has prevented me from going out in public on some occasions and doing anything social. About an hour into my day, my clothes are soaked with sweat no matter what I do. I have tried Drysol and over-the-counter antiperspirants, but they did not help either. I do not know what else to do. Do you have any advice?