Q. I am suffering from hyperhidrosis. What to do?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
Published on Apr 30, 2016

I believe that I have extreme hyperhidrosis. My entire body sweats profusely when I experience even the slightest change in temperature, start exercising and even when I am simply resting. My back, armpits, forehead, and buttock sweat the worst and this affects my entire body. It has prevented me from going out in public on some occasions and doing anything social. About an hour into my day, my clothes are soaked with sweat no matter what I do. I have tried Drysol and over-the-counter antiperspirants, but they did not help either. I do not know what else to do. Do you have any advice?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

I have read your query and can well understand your concern.

• For hyperhidrosis, it is important to rule out causes like anxiety and hyperthyroidism. Other causes may also be present. For this you may visit a physician to get adequately examined and tested.
  • There are various treatments like iontophoresis, which can be done by a dermatologist.
  • It is galvanic current that stimulate and narrow the sweat pores. This procedure is especially effective for palms and feet.
  • Topical Aluminium chloride lotion can be applied overnight for two or three months.
  • Botox injections in case of neural dysfunction, etc., can be tried.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Is surgery advisable for abductor spasmodic dysphonia?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from abductor spasmodic dysphonia diagnosed nearly 11 years ago and I have received Botox injections every three to four months since then. Generally, they did work over the years until the last two years or so outcomes have been very poor. The last Botox shots by GA (six un...  Read Full >>

Dr. Girish Subash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, you have to know that among spasmodic dysphonias, abductor variety is the least common type. In this, your vocal cord is away from the other vocal cord and the muscle is in unrestricted contraction resulting in voiceless or breathy voice. So, the treatment...  Read Full

Anal Fissure: Causes, Prevention, and Treatments.

Article Overview: Pain in the anus is one of the most common complaints encountered in the outpatient clinics. The pain is sometimes described by the patient as 'my worst pain ever. This article provides some suggestions on how to avoid facing this annoying issue by making few dietary and lifestyle changes. Read Article

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

An anal fissure is a tear or ulcer that develops in the lining of the anal canal after passing a hard motion. Actually, it affects one in ten people at some point in their lives. All age groups and both sexes are affected equally. Causes Constipation is the most common cause either by itself or ...  Read Article

Suffering from subclinical hyperthyroidism with anxiety and palpitations.

Query: Dear Doctor, I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my 15 year old daughter. Her symptoms have developed most significantly over the past few months, and include depression, weakness, constant light-headedness, shortness of breath (even when sitting still), difficulty taking a deep breath (ca...  Read Full >>

Dr. Minal Mohit Vohra
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, It is really sad to know about your daughter. 1. As a matter of fact your daughter seems to have acute thyroiditis. Though the thyroid profile has not shown full blown thyrotoxic state, she has subclinical hyperthyroidism with TSH being suppressed. Since how long has she been like this? Thyroidi...  Read Full