Eye Swelling

My eyes are swollen in the morning after I get up from sleep. Is this due to bacterial infection?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are swollen especially in the morning. I find it hard to open my eyes after a nap or when I wake up in the morning. After that, I am fine during the day with watery eyes sometimes. No itching but it is little reddish when it is hot. Around the first week of March, I went to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have described in your history it is looking like an infection in your eyes. Can you please send your eye image to me? So that I can get an exact idea about your condition and depend upon that we can plan further. It is better if I can see your eye condition a...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for redness, pain and swelling in eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, My eye is paining since Sunday. My eye is red now, it is paining while moving also when the light comes. I am felling a little swelling as well.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for sending the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) so that I can get an idea about it. For me it is looking like an infection. I can prescribe you medicine so that you can get rid of these symptoms. But in the first image, there is some...  Read Full »

My mother is having severe pain and swelling below her eyes. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is having severe pain in my eyes for two days. Swelling below eyes and headache also. She is not having eye problem but use specs for eyes sight. Please suggest effective medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain, along with headache, suggest, increases eye pressure. I will tell medicines for relief for now, but tomorrow you have to see an ophthalmologist in person. Start with, 1. Moxifloxacin plus Loteprednol eye drop four times. 2. Tablet Acetazolamide 250 mg stat a...  Read Full »

Can Chymoral forte be taken during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it safe to take Chymoral Forte once daily for three days in pregnancy?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chymorol forte (Trypsin-Chymotrypsin) does not have very much research data in pregnancy but it should be avoided in pregnancy as it could be fibrinolytic. It is an anti-inflammatory used to treat pain and inflammation and to have a speedy recovery. It can give side ef...  Read Full »

Why do I get swelling in the eye with itching in the morning?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been getting a swollen eye once a week, usually in the mornings. I feel a slight irritation beforehand, itchiness. Then my eyelid swells to the size of a golfball. The eye is not red, I can see perfectly, there is no sign of cuts or scrapes. No discharge, maybe a little dryness...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are describing an allergic reaction of the eye to some factor. If you are not also suffering from sneezing and dry cough at night then you can use antihistamine eye drops such as Pataday once daily or Patanol or Zyrtec twice daily for a period of 10 days. If you ...  Read Full »

I got a hit on my eye and caused swelling, redness, pain and blurred vision. What I should do?

Query: Hello doctor,I got a ball hitted on my eye so my eye got swelling, redness and pain and also my vision is lightly blur. So kindly tell what I should do?   Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a widespread scenario among children. The pain and swelling around your eyes will disappear. I recommend that you use ice packs to help faster recovery. The vision will likely improve in case you have any watering. This will happen spontaneously. I recommend ...  Read Full »

I am having swelling on my eyes inspite of having anti-allergic eye drops. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,Before three days, I had a feeling in my eye that there was something in it, probably my eyelash. I tried to get it out with water, but the sensation did not go. After two days, I met a pharmacist who prescribed me an anti-allergy eye drop (containing Antazoline). I have been using it e...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Antazoline is not a drug to be used every three hours, and we as ophthalmologists do not use it much. I would advise you to consult an ophthalmologist because the blurriness that you are now experiencing is more worrying than the swelling of the eyelids and redness o...  Read Full »

I have a swollen face. Shall I go to the ER or consult a doctor?

Query: Hello doctor,In the left side of my face right in front of the ear and around the lower back of my ear is swollen. I had a sore throat a few days before, and I have been coughing hard with lots of mucus. I had also swollen a teary, red, and slightly painful left eye, which started, a week before. Wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Philip Shenouda

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are multiple reasons for what you suffer from, and your case could be one of them. First, that could be part of the illness, which is acute upper respiratory tract Infection (viral or bacterial, usually viral comes with such symptoms). The swelling could be as ...  Read Full »

I have pigment dispersion syndrome. Suffered eye trauma and got swelling. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have pigment dispersion syndrome for 10 years. Now I take Bimatoprost in both eyes at night. A few days back, I suffered a trauma to the eye area and as a result, I have a lot of swelling and a subconjunctival hemorrhage and the doctor carried out the funduscopic exam and it was clear....  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you suffered a trauma to the eye. When examined, the doctor said that you have a subconjunctival hemorrhage with no damage to the retina. As of now your vision is clear but the hemorrhage has increased for two days and you are on treatment for pigme...  Read Full »

My eye infection is not subsiding even after a week. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had an eye infection for over a week. It started in my left eye. Some days seem better than others. Have had constant draining and has spread to both eyes (initial eye worse than the second). I am on Polymyxin B that was prescribed after the first prescription but did not work....  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not worry. Infections take time to resolve.   Read Full »