Eye Swelling

Why is eye swelling not subsiding even after taking medications?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a right eye swelling, under the eye and now over the eye, and constant watering in the eye. I applied TobraDex ointment at night time for the past three nights, and I have been taking Augmentin tablets for the past three days, no change in the condition. Under-eye skin is getti...  Read Full »

Dr. Ammar Zahid Malik

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for asking. From the photographs (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), it seems like preseptal cellulitis may be secondary to blepharitis or some insect bite.  Read Full »

Why is my under-eye swollen?

Query: Hello doctor, I have slight pain in the corner of my right eye and under-eye swelling. Please comment.  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any history of trauma? Did something hit you because it looks like a raccoon eye from the photographs (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) I would recommend you to do cold compression with an ice pack 2 to 3 times a day for five days. ...  Read Full »

What could cause painful and swollen red eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have red-eye, and watery fluid comes out of it. The eyelids are swollen on both top and bottom, and it is painful.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. I have a few questions to help come to a diagnosis. How many days since this occurred? Was it sudden or developed over some time, like a couple of days? Is there any sticky yellow discharge? Is there any sensatio...  Read Full »

I have optic disc asymmetry and swelling around eye. Is it due to glaucoma?

Query: Hello doctor, There is optic disc asymmetry 0.5 and 0.7. Normal vision is 6 by 5. I am 30 years old male. Normal BP. I have a complaint of severe headache migraine like when a headache starts, there is swelling around the eye. What can this asymmetry be due to? Can this be glaucoma?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through what you have mentioned. There are several causes which cause an asymmetry of optic cup to disc ratio, but glaucoma is the main disease that we try to rule out as it sometimes manifests without any pain and hence can go undetected. Migraine headac...  Read Full »

Why there is swollen eyelids soon after waking up from sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, Every day for the past year, this happens while I sleep, and I have woken up with extremely or slightly swollen eyelids. It changes from day to day, and I cannot find a pattern, but I wake up, and it is at its worse, then it improves as the day goes on. I have been prescribed Hydrocortis...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. The most common cause is an allergy. I noted that you have had tests done, but there could be so many other allergens not included in the panel. Do you have pets? Sometimes, they can carry allergens into the house from outdoors, especially ...  Read Full »

My eyes are swollen in the morning after I get up from sleep. Is this due to bacterial infection?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are swollen especially in the morning. I find it hard to open my eyes after a nap or when I wake up in the morning. After that, I am fine during the day with watery eyes sometimes. No itching but it is little reddish when it is hot. Around the first week of March, I went to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have described in your history it is looking like an infection in your eyes. Can you please send your eye image to me? So that I can get an exact idea about your condition and depend upon that we can plan further. It is better if I can see your eye condition a...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for redness, pain and swelling in eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, My eye is paining since Sunday. My eye is red now, it is paining while moving also when the light comes. I am felling a little swelling as well.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for sending the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) so that I can get an idea about it. For me it is looking like an infection. I can prescribe you medicine so that you can get rid of these symptoms. But in the first image, there is some...  Read Full »

My mother is having severe pain and swelling below her eyes. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is having severe pain in my eyes for two days. Swelling below eyes and headache also. She is not having eye problem but use specs for eyes sight. Please suggest effective medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain, along with headache, suggest, increases eye pressure. I will tell medicines for relief for now, but tomorrow you have to see an ophthalmologist in person. Start with, 1. Moxifloxacin plus Loteprednol eye drop four times. 2. Tablet Acetazolamide 250 mg stat a...  Read Full »

Can Chymoral forte be taken during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it safe to take Chymoral Forte once daily for three days in pregnancy?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chymorol forte (Trypsin-Chymotrypsin) does not have very much research data in pregnancy but it should be avoided in pregnancy as it could be fibrinolytic. It is an anti-inflammatory used to treat pain and inflammation and to have a speedy recovery. It can give side ef...  Read Full »

Why do I get swelling in the eye with itching in the morning?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been getting a swollen eye once a week, usually in the mornings. I feel a slight irritation beforehand, itchiness. Then my eyelid swells to the size of a golfball. The eye is not red, I can see perfectly, there is no sign of cuts or scrapes. No discharge, maybe a little dryness...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are describing an allergic reaction of the eye to some factor. If you are not also suffering from sneezing and dry cough at night then you can use antihistamine eye drops such as Pataday once daily or Patanol or Zyrtec twice daily for a period of 10 days. If you ...  Read Full »