Q. The mole on my arm has two different brown shades. Give me your opinion please.

Dr. Shanza Ikram
Published on May 03, 2018

I have got a mole on my arm that measures 5 mm and is flat. I have always had this mole. I have not noticed it changing and it has not bled or itched. I am a bit concerned though that it has two different brown shades in it and would like your opinion on it, please.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

I have gone through your case (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Yes, I have seen few important things.

1. It is irregular in shape (do not know whether it is in this shape from the beginning), which is not a good sign in my opinion.
  2. Secondly, there is a color change.
  3. It is on a sun-exposed site.

So, for these reasons, I would like you to have a biopsy to rule out melanoma. A biopsy is the only method to diagnose. Sometimes, it is not necessary to have bleeding or itching. I do not want you to panic, but it is good to have it done as early as possible. You may be aware that it has greater incidence in white people. So, to be on the safer side, visit your general physician.

Wish you a very good health.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have always been aware that it has always been an irregular shape.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

Well, it means you are having only one abnormal change in your mole and that is the color change. Still, I suggest you get a biopsy. Because melanoma grows rapidly. So, you should not waste time. It will be good for us if the biopsy turns out negative.

I have a mole on my belly which I worry could be a melanoma. Does it appear so?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33-year-old male. I have a mole on my belly which is darker than the others (almost black in the middle) and I wonder if it is still just a regular (or atypical) mole and nothing to worry about or if it could be something worse (melanoma). I am attaching three images in ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the clinical photographs attached to the query (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  It is a melanocytic nevus which is basically tan brown macules with increased melanocytic activity. One should always look for the foll...  Read Full

Does pain on pressing a mole raise a red flag?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently noticed a slightly raised mole on my arm over last weekend. It is light colored and similar to the color of my skin that blends with my spray tan a bit. When I press firmly on it, it feels tender. Otherwise, I do not have any pain. I have a dermatologist appointment scheduled f...  Read Full >>

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The mole is looking normal to me.¬†There is no need to worry about it. Go ahead with your dermatology consultation and get it examined dermoscopically to rule out any problem. For f...  Read Full

What treatment can be had for the skin tag in my groin area?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 42-year-old male. I have what looks like a mole or skin tag in my groin area. The mole or tag itself does not hurt. The mole or tag is soft and rubbery. I have noticed a hard boil like a lump under the tag or mole a couple weeks ago. When I squeeze it, blood would come out. It di...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is an acrochordon (skin tag) which must be secondarily infected due to constant squeezing. Groin area, armpits, and neck are the common site of skin tags. Was there color ch...  Read Full