Q. The mole on my arm has two different brown shades. Give me your opinion please.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

I have got a mole on my arm that measures 5 mm and is flat. I have always had this mole. I have not noticed it changing and it has not bled or itched. I am a bit concerned though that it has two different brown shades in it and would like your opinion on it, please.

#

I have gone through your case (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Yes, I have seen few important things.

1. It is irregular in shape (do not know whether it is in this shape from the beginning), which is not a good sign in my opinion.
  2. Secondly, there is a color change.
  3. It is on a sun-exposed site.

So, for these reasons, I would like you to have a biopsy to rule out melanoma. A biopsy is the only method to diagnose. Sometimes, it is not necessary to have bleeding or itching. I do not want you to panic, but it is good to have it done as early as possible. You may be aware that it has greater incidence in white people. So, to be on the safer side, visit your general physician.

Wish you a very good health.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have always been aware that it has always been an irregular shape.

#

Well, it means you are having only one abnormal change in your mole and that is the color change. Still, I suggest you get a biopsy. Because melanoma grows rapidly. So, you should not waste time. It will be good for us if the biopsy turns out negative.

|