iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPediatricsfeverMy 2-year-old son is suffering from fever and vomiting. Kindly suggest a treatment.

How to treat high fever and vomiting in a 2-year-old?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At September 20, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 8, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My 2-year-old son is suffering from a fever. The temperature right now is 100.3 degrees. He is vomiting everything he is eating. Please suggest.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

If the temperature is 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more, you can give syrup Crocin DS (Paracetamol) 240 mg/ml (2.5 ml) SOS for four to eight hours. If the temperature is degrees Fahrenheit or more, you can give syrup Ibugesic plus 3.5 ml SOS six to eight hourly. If the temperature stays above 100 degrees Fahrenheit for more than three days or if the temperature crosses 103 degrees Fahrenheit it is advisable to get evaluated physically by a pediatrician with possible blood investigations based on physical examination. For vomiting syrup Ondem (Ondansetron) 2.5 ml thrice a day for three days is to be taken half an hour before food or water. Also, give ORS (oral rehydration solution) 110 ml with each vomit. Watch for dehydration, lethargy, and refusal to feed. If there is no improvement or worsening, please take the child to the nearest hospital.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy