HomeAnswersGeneral PractitionerfeverWhy is my 66-year-old mother having fever and discomfort in the upper abdomen?

What are the causes of pain and discomfort in the upper abdomen in a 66-year-old female?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 20, 2022
Reviewed AtJuly 14, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My 66-year-old mother has been having discomfort in the upper abdomen and has been experiencing gas and tightness since yesterday. Her stools are fine. She is now having a fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit. She is diabetic and hypertensive and is currently using tablet Glycomet GP3/850, tablet Voglibose 0.3 mg, tablet Telmisat AM 5 mg , tablet Alzolam 0.5 mg, tablet Nexito10 mg, and tablet Fibator 5 mg. We have consulted a doctor who has suggested her to use tablet Medomol 500 mg and capsule Rebez DSR twice a day for three days. Kindly advise. Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern. Tablet Medomol 500 (Paracetamol) has been prescribed for fever, whereas capsule Rebez DSR (Domperidone and Rabeprazole) is given for abdominal pain. I also suggest the patient to maintain hydration by taking plenty of oral fluids. However, if there is no relief or the symptoms worsen over the next two days, contact your doctor again. Even mild fever should not be ignored in diabetic individuals. I hope this helps. Do get back in case of further questions. Thanks and regards.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Ashok Kumar
Dr. Ashok Kumar


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

abdominal discomfortfever

Ask your health query to a doctor online

General Practitioner

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy