Q. Is fibrous dysplasia a life-threatening disease or a cosmetic problem?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Is fibrous dysplasia a life-threatening disease or just a cosmetic problem in the upper mouth? Can CT scan show the overgrowth of bone in the upper mouth?

#

I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern. It is not a life-threatening disease but, it is a cosmetic problem and may sometimes be a physiological burden that it may cause difficulty in certain functions like chewing or speech. You need to be in follow up with the dentist. Also, take a histopathology to rule out any unwanted lesion as early as possible.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|