Fistula-in-ano

Will anal fistula heal on its own?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with fistula-in-ano before eight years. I just consulted multiple physicians and surgeons. They all said to wait and watch and put me on antibiotics. Two years later, my fistula has closed on its own and there is no pus discharge or abscess forming. The healing was fast an...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fistula-in-ano is a surgical condition and cannot be cured by medicines only. Yes, antibiotic has minor role just to prevent infection. If fistula tract develops an infection then from which an abscess will develop and later the fistula tract may extend. External fistula ...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a medicine for wet feeling in the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some wet feeling in the anus for the past one year. I had both colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy. The doctor said everything is fine. They said probably the wet feeling is due to sweat. But, I feel it is some liquid discharge from the anus skin. Can you suggest some medication?  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. It is better to take discharge over swab and send it for culture and sensitivity. If you have any growth over it, then get treated based on the sensitivity. For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask...  Read Full »

After fistulectomy, when can I get back to work?

Query: Hi doctor, I have undergone fistulectomy and right now in bed rest. I am taking sitz bath, three times a day with Betadine solution and then Betadine cream. Also, I am on antibiotics. I am a working in IT sector and my work requires a sitting time of 8 hours approximately. So, when can I go ba...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Goel

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fistula-in-ano is a chronic and debilitating illness. I must first congratulate you for getting it operated. After the surgery, you can resume your routine work after two week's time. This will allow the operated site to heal properly. You can start sports after a month. ...  Read Full »