Q. After fistulectomy, when can I get back to work?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Goel and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Fistula-in-ano or Lactulose? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: After fistulectomy, when can I get back to work?

I have undergone fistulectomy and right now in bed rest. I am taking sitz bath, three times a day with Betadine solution and then Betadine cream. Also, I am on antibiotics. I am a working in IT sector and my work requires a sitting time of 8 hours approximately. So, when can I go back to work? I am a basketball player. When can I start playing again? How long does it take to fully heal? What all food should I avoid? What other precautions should I take when I get back to work? Please give me full details about this. Thank you.