Flaky Scalp

What can be done for dry scalp with white flaky layers on the front and sides?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a very dry scalp. There is a white flaky layer on the front and on the sides of the scalp. I have tried different shampoos but no help. Hair is getting thin day by day. I shampoo my hair twice weekly and before shampoo only I apply oil. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start Sulfur 30 five pills in morning noon and night, Arsenic alb 200 five pills in morning and evening, Psorinum 1M five pills in morning empty stomach. (One dose only). Your complaints seem like scaly dandruff. Along with medicines have food rich in protei...  Read Full »

Is my DHT level causing mild hair fall and flaky scalp?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. For the past three months, I have mild hair fall. I lose around 2 to 10 hair after every shower. I have never had hair fall in the past. I also did a background check with my family history; none had any baldness even in the 70s. I fear this would be the result of mas...  Read Full »

Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Dermatologist, Venereologist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Flaky scalp not responding to Noskurf (combination of Climbazole, Piroctone Olamine, Aminodermine, and almond oil) lotion may be scalp psoriasis and need steroid plus Salicylic acid 6 % combination lotion. The pain is due to hair root inflammation, which is commonly...  Read Full »

Apart from getting injections, what treatments are available for seborrheic dermatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, Eight years ago, a car wreck shattered the windshield, and my head got injured with pieces of glass. They did not take the glass out, and I have also been dying my hair since I was 16. I developed fibromyalgia from the wreck, which is supposed to be relatively non-progressive, however ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diagnosis from your history would still be seborrheic dermatitis or sebopsoriasis or scalp psoriasis. This is more of a cyclical problem, it tends to curb down with 2 to 3 months of treatment, but recurring back with a change in season or lifestyle. However, it n...  Read Full »

Why do I have red spots of dry and irritated skin?

Query: Hi doctor, I have red spots of dry and irritated skin on the arms, shoulders, and leg, just below the waistline. Minor itchiness comes and goes. I am using Neosporin for about a week, but they are still there. I am attaching a picture of these red spots.  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need more information. From when do you have this problem? How many lesions do you have in total? How many episodes per year? Do you have flaky scalp? Any history of fever? A month back, did you have similar lesions? The images (attachment removed to protect patient ide...  Read Full »