Q. Is it normal to have pain during sex and urination after Fluconazole treatment for thrush?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 25, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I went to a doctor because I had symptoms of vaginal thrush, itchiness, and sometimes white discharge. My fiance also had an itchy dick so I thought he had thrush as well. I got prescribed Fluconazole for it and he used a cream for it. Both our symptoms went away so we had sex four days after I took the Fluconazole pill. When we had sex though it was painful and urinating afterward was painful. I also noticed a tiny amount of blood after it. Is this normal with thrush and do I have to be treated again or will it go away? I am 18 years old.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

A single Fluconazole pill does not treat the thrush completely. As you had painful sex and blood thereafter accompanied with painful urine, indicates that you have developed thrush associated vaginitis, which needs to be treated with both antifungals and antibiotics together in form of vaginal pessaries and oral medications for at least five days.

|